Chapter 16 -King and Queen-

"And the winners are...Discord and Chrysalis!" Principal Celestia announced as confetti exploded everywhere and celebratory music blasted from the speakers.

Some students cheered while the couple made their way to the stage. On the other hand, the majority of the crowd looked at each other in confusion.

Fluttershy felt utterly defeated, but she tried her best to keep her head up and clap like the rest of her group did. BigMac frowned as he lightly patted Fluttershy's back, showing just enough compassion to help Fluttershy keep her tears held back.

Chrysalis snatched the crown from Principal Celestia and placed it onto her own head while announcing her win into the microphone.

"I've done it! I have become your Queen!! Cherish me!"

When hardly anyone cheered and the music abruptly stopped, she demanded that everyone shower her and her "lover" the popularity that they deserved.

Yet, no one still cheered, instead the crowd began to boo and hiss the King and Queen.

Chrysalis grew furious and began to yell over the crowd into the mic. A few people in the crowd flinched while everyone stared up at the stage in shock. There was soon an uproar of distaste and hatred.

"GET OFF THE STAGE!"

"TYRANT!!"

"BOO! GET OFF!"

Discord then stepped forward and took the microphone from Chrysalis and faced the crowd. The crowd began to quiet down, but still softly protesting.

He waited a moment, he even opened his mouth to speak but closed it out of hesitation.

Then he saw Fluttershy, and for that moment, she was all that he saw. It was like a single light shined on her and made her sparkle among the crowd.

He saw the defeat in her eyes, but he also saw how she used every fiber in her body to stand tall.

She was beautiful.

She was so strong. And he wanted to be strong like her.

There was a moment of silence as everyone's attention was on him, then...

"I DEMAND A RECOUNT!" Discord yelled into the microphone which caused everyone to jump a little.

A few people gasped, and Chrysalis even took a few steps back in shock and betrayal.

Discord looked straight at Fluttershy and kept his sights purely into her. He noticed how her features changed from shock to hope.

A smile began to appear on her lips and his heart fluttered.

That was the very moment that he knew that she loved him, and that he loved her.

Principal Celestia scanned around and noticed that Vice Principal Luna was no where to be seen.

"I declare the current votes 'Invalid' until VP Luna can confirm the vote tally." Principal Celestia announced through the microphone that she took from Discord.

Everyone began to cheer as Chrysalis threw off her crown and ran off the stage out of fury. Discord picked up the discarded tiara and handed it to Principal Celestia as well his own crown.

Discord then sighed and made his way off the stage, a few people patted his back in congratulations for sticking up against Chrysalis.

But Discord knew in no way that anyone would re-vote for him so he saved himself the embarrassment and began heading towards his truck.