Kazekage Family Line

"The day started off very similar to how today started off. Not a single cloud appeared in the sky when the day opened up, and a very young Rasa woke up that day to do what he always did. He went to go and train with the Lord Kazekage, as was expected of the son of the Lord Kazekage whether he was first born, or second born." Ebizu watched as the children stared at him wide eyes, but Baruto folded his arms across his chest. "Something the matter?"

"This is the first I've ever heard that Shikadai's not only related to two Kazekage, but also three." The boy glowered at the wall. "That's one more then me, ya know."

Gaara's head shot up from where he still looked for books, and his head tilted to look at the old Shinobi as if this were news to him as well. Shikadai shrugged his shoulders, and rubbed the back of his neck. "Seriously, that's the first time I heard of it as well, and I think it's just to much energy."

"Actually, the lord Kazekage is related to all of the Kazekage, as they all come from the same family line. But enough on that, as that's not really important to the story beyond the fact both Rasa and his older brother were expected to train with the third Lord Kazekage as potential heirs to the position."

Gaara shook his head. "Be careful believing what honorable Ebizu says."

"Are you telling me that my memory is shotty Lord Kazekage? I'll have you know..."

"I'm saying you love spinning tall tales."

A chuckle escaped Ebizu's lips. "That may be, but onto the story.

...

Every day in Suna started out with sunshine, and lots of it. A shinobi would expect to wake up to the sun coming into their window, and since the sun was always on time many bedrooms would face the morning sun. As soon as the sunlight started rising up in the sky, the light fell into the room, and onto the head of Rasa. The thirteen year old found himself unable to stay awake due to the light streaming into the room. Rasa's dark eyes finally blinked open, and he knew another day of grueling training with the third Kazekage.

The thirteen year old rubbed his neck thinking of the pain the Lord Kazekage would inflict upon him if her were late, but soon found this forgotten when a four year child catapulted into the room, and crashed into the boy's chest. Rasa felt the air knocked out of him as two small arms wrapped around his chest, but Rasa quickly reached out for the red head of hair. "Sasori, how many times will I have to tell you that you're not allowed in my room."

"Rasa! Rasa!" The boy blurted out his words quickly. "Come and play with me? Papa is away, so I've got no one to play with."

A quick push knocked the child onto the ground, and Sasori let out a cry as the action startled him. Rasa pushed himself up, and glared down at the child, while his hands touched the sheets loosely. The teen glared down at young Sasori as the boy tried to smile again, but the glare quickly brought a fear into the boy. "How many times do I have to tell you I'm part of the Anbu now. I don't have time to play."

Rasa stood up, and brushed past the child to head to the bathroom to change, and Sasori followed after closely. Every so often a child's face would appear in the mirror that Rasa used. "But..."

"I don't have time for childish games. I've duties to attend to."

"But..." Sasori's lip trembled, and the boy turned to run out of the room. "I'm going to go and tell granny!"

What the red haired child said at first didn't phase Rasa, but then realization of who the child was running towards hit the young Anbu member. Rasa took a deep breath, and quickly took off after the boy. "Sasori! Get back here! Don't you dare go tattling to her about something I didn't do! You little monster!"

The young Anbu watched as Sasori turned the corner into the kitchen, and the thirteen year old felt the color drain from his face as the four year old began to bawl to someone in the other room. He quickly slid into the room in time to see Lady Chiyo comforting the child who now sat on her lap, while Ebizo glared at Rasa for making the child cry. Chiyo looked up at him. "Rasa, how many times must I tell you not to make your nephew cry like this."

...

"Hold it." The voice of the fifth Kazekage drew everyone from the story. "Honorable one, are you implying that Lady Chiyo is my grandmother, and that you are my uncle? If so, why hasn't anyone mentioned anything at this point."

Ebizo wagged his finger at Gaara. "Now, now! You're spoiling the story Lord Gaara! The part where my sister disowns your father comes much later on!"

Baruto suddenly began to giggle, and his folded arms began to relax. "This is story is funny. Shikadai has two mass murderers in his family."

Sarada blinked a couple of times, and her fist balled up as if she planned on hitting her blond friend for such a senseless comment. Metal Lee though beat her to it with words. "Come now Baruto, that is not very nice to bring such things up. Plus, Lord Gaara is not a mass murderer anymore, so it doesn't count."

The young member of the Nara clan held up his hand as a rather annoyed look appeared on his face. "Apologies honored elder, but I have to agree with Uncle Gaara. What would the previous Lord Kazekage have done to get disowned?"

The smile on Ebizo's face fell. "What did he do? He made his mother stick a demon into her unborn grandson, and in effect he created another scenario that mirrored what happened with her other grandson. I doubt Chiyo ever forgave him for that, particularly since even as his mother she couldn't refuse the Kazekage's orders. Rasa though wasn't always this way though."

"I don't know. It seems like he never liked kids." A voice came from the shadows, and everyone's head darted up to see Kankuro glaring up. "And seriously Ebizo, you're telling this story to Gaara now?"

"How lame. We both know Uncle Gaara would say something like the past is the past right now." Shikadai glanced away.

"I don't like this story. It's not romantic at all." Sarada piped up.

"Romantic?" Kakuro frowned. "This guy promised you a romantic story involving that man. Ebizo, you must be really loosing it."

The old man sighed. "Well, it will be. But I've got to start at this place, or else the story won't be complete."

"Well, I'm starting to like this story. This beats the stories my dad tells me." Baruto chimed in.

Inujin remained quite for a bit, but then spoke up. "Well, it isn't very nice to not have an ending to a story. Father said something like that to me once. So please, do continue."

Kankuro let out a sound of annoyance before disappearing back into the shadows, muttering about having something better to do.