Prostration

"So father is..." Gaara paused in his thought. "Father showed he was human once?"

Ebizo smiled at his grand-nephew, a sadness in his old eyes. "The forth kazekage showed he was human many times, but he choose not to show this side of himself, particularly after he became kazekage. You should know Lord Gaara how important it is for the kazekage to appear impenetrable, or nearly so. He also, once he became a father, wanted to seem that way to you children."

Kankuro glanced away, no words coming out of his mouth as Shikadai also didn't look either one of his uncles in the eye. Boruto frowned. "That doesn't make sense. My dad, he's not that way."

"My father is." Sarada pushed up her glasses.

Metal Lee raised his hand, and spoke when he realized nobody would call about him. "This may be just me, but didn't your father betray the leaf village? I wouldn't call that a perfect parent."

"I think..." The auburn haired kazekage spoke up. "I think the only person with a perfect parent would be Metal Lee"

Sarada narrowed her eyes. "That's not fair. I don't get why you even say that, when Metal Lee's father is a complete idiot."

Shikadai let out a sigh. "Simple. This may just be me, he's thinking of the fact Metal Lee's dad is always there for him, and has no qualms at looking like an idiot for his kid, even if others look down on him. My parents, I've never seen them make mistakes though, but I'm sure they have."

Gaara's eyes blinked a couple of times, his mouth opening to say something, only for Kankuro to shake his head. "No, Temari isn't perfect Gaara, despite the fact you've never, ever had an issue with her. You just never got on her bad side like I have, as you're her cute little baby brother."

A blank look washed over the kazekage's face, and Shikadai looked away knowing full well something had gone over his younger uncle's head again.

...

Rasa slammed the door to the home shut, Sasori still clutched under his arm, his breath coming in a ragged manner. The auburn haired teen's legs finally gave out, and his arms loosened from around the five year old child's waist. The auburn haired child looked at his uncle with a rather blank stare. "Why did you do that?"

"Did you really want to be creamed by her?"

"You shouldn't have thumped him on the head."

"You shouldn't have bit the other kid. Or me for that matter."

"What happened?"

Rasa felt an icy chill run down his spine, his eyes darting up to look his mother in the eye. The fourteen year old swallowed, knowing full well the wrath she could bring down upon his head. The auburn haired teen lightly grabbed Sasori, turning the child around, and then proceeded to bow low to the ground, making the five year old bow with him. The auburn haired child's voice whined. "Rasa, stop it."

"I'm sorry. This was my fault, Lady Chiyo. I should have been supervising Sasori better then I did, so don't punish him. He was my responsibility."

"He was. You still haven't answered what happened."

"Sasori got into a fight with another child because I was not paying attention."

"I did not!" Sasori pulled away quickly, startling Rasa and making the auburn haired teen look up at the child. The auburn haired child's fists twisted up, and the child glared at him. "I hate you Rasa! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!"

The child tore away, and Chiyo looked after him, while Rasa swallowed, sitting next to the door in a traditional position, his hands loose at his legs. "I don't understand."