Lightning Movement

Feeling like a failure honestly wasn't the most pleasant feeling, but was also the last feeling Rasa wanted to feel. The feeling never was pleasant, and yet here he was hurrying towards the academy with said feeling pounding in his chest. Added to that delightful feeling was the feeling of panic, as there was no telling what Sasori would do whenever he got upset. "Maybe teaching that brat to be a shinobi isn't such a good idea."

Rasa arrived at the academy and instantly started looking for one of the teachers. The person he found greeted him with respect. "Whatever is the matter, Lord Rasa?"

"Sasori. I was supposed to come and get Sasori, and I'm late doing so." The auburn-haired teen swallowed. "Please tell me he's not gotten into trouble on his first day."

The teacher stared at him for a few minutes, almost as if he weren't sure what to say. Another teacher came over and motioned for Rasa to follow him. "Your nephew is waiting over here, Lord Rasa. He's rather agitated."

"I can imagine. I am running late after all." The fourteen-year-old attempted to quicken his pace, only to stop when the other teacher cleared his throat. "What? Are you telling me something happened?"

Rasa's dark eyes widened, hoping the man wouldn't say Sasori bit somebody again. The teacher instead motioned for the teen noble to follow him to the training area. The auburn-haired teen stopped short when his brown eyes fell on the training dummy smashed into the wall, and then his eyes darted around looking for Sasori, to make sure he was alright. The young man decided to quicken his step even and arrived over where the red haired child was, his eyes glaring down at the dark haired girl sitting with him. "Manami."

The girl's head darted up, her eyes boring into him. "Oh. It's just Rasa-nii."

"Rasa-nii?" The fourteen-year-old felt his throat tighten. "You're supposed to call me uncle, not..."

"Mother said I can do either. It's weird calling you uncle when you're, I don't know, only five years older than me."

"Manami..." Rasa ground his teeth together. "Who in the desert names their daughter after the ocean of all things."

"Your older sister and her husband, that's who."

The auburn-haired teen stared at the girl, and Rasa attempted to keep his mouth from twitching into a rather maniacal smile as he glared at the girl. A thought, however, flicked through his mind. "Nii-sama, the first born in order to take father's place as kage, nee-sama, born to marry off to bolster the family politically, and me, born as a mistake."

"Rasa-nii..." Manami narrowed her eyes at Rasa. "The new girl..."

"Don't!" Rasa's voice strained, his mind rushing as he thought about the sandy-haired girl. The teen wondered how he came to the conclusion that the new girl Manami was referring to was the student of the Sanin.

"She's in trouble though because she helped Sasori out."

The tension in the fourteen-year-old teen's arms left, his jaw dropping slightly, his brown eyes taking in the looks on his nephew and nieces faces. Sasori remained agitated, the auburn-haired child worrying his lip and staring at nothing. Manami glared at Rasa, and her mouth opened up to tell him what happened. The fourteen-year-old rubbed the back of his head, trying to figure out why the sandy-haired girl would do such a thing, but a particular thought came to his mind. "She's a child. That's why."

"And her grandfather looked rather mad when he came to get her. He told her younger brother to head on home."

Rasa felt his throat tightening, remembering the occurrence earlier in the morning. "How long ago did she leave? I mean, how long ago did she leave with her grandfather?" His brown eyes looked his niece's brown eyes right in the eye. "He's likely to do something again."

"He left with her just a bit ago."

"Alright then. Manami, I need you to take Sasori home for me. I have something to do."

"Wait!" Sasori's attention drew quickly to Rasa, and the boy looked him in the eye. The auburn-haired child's lip began to tremble. "But..."

"Behave, or else Lady Chiyo will not be pleased with you."

"You're not supposed to be a shinobi! You're supposed..."

"I've got to do this Sasori."

Rasa turned, heading out after the sandy-haired female and her grandfather, his anger burning to the point he felt it in his throat and ears. He used his shinobi skills to get up to a high spot and move at a fast space so he could go and find the two before something bad happened. The auburn-haired teen stopped, his ears picking up on the voice of the man, and he jumped down onto the ground near they alleyway.

Stepping in, he could see the old man pointing his finger at the girl, what he was saying barely audible to the four-teen-year old, but eventually, he heard what the man said. "You. You're a harlot just like your mother is."

The auburn-haired young man felt his shoulders tensed, and his body surged forward as he saw the spark of anger in the indigo eyes of the sandy-haired girl. The next thing he knew, his fist made contact with the elders chin, knocking him back.

...

"How romantic." Sarada let out a sigh. "Now that is more what I was hoping for."

"Romantic?" Boruto shook his head. "No way this is romantic. That's just stupid, going and hitting an adult like that. I mean, I think most of us know that is a stupid thing to do."

"Yeah, but the old man wasn't very bright." Kankuro rolled his eyes and then let out a sound of disgust.

Gaara's eyes blinked a couple of times. "Father wasn't stupid. I mean, not unless I'm stupid."

Shikadai rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah, I got it Uncle Gaara. Just because someone has dumb moments doesn't make them stupid."

A clattering sound was heard as a gust blew through the library, quickly putting out the fire in the small fireplace in the center of the library. Everyone turned their head to the door, and the open windows beyond, only to see nothing. Lightning flashed, and the kids screamed when a skull appeared in the limited light.