Torrents of Death

"Well that's funny." Kankuro's voice came from the shadows. "I guess I'll stick around and listen to the story as well." The older of the two brothers stepped out of the shadows. "I go away thinking Ebizo was off his rocker to do what I needed to do, and get back to hear a story about how that old geezer got his butt handed to him."

The puppet-nin walked over to where Gaara sat on the ground going through books, and the young Kazekage looked up. "He is our father."

"Yeah, well, some father he was." Kankuro leaned over. "What are you up to Gaara?"

"Stuff."

"I could help."

"You could not."

"I have to wonder how the two of you ended up sane with this family you have." Inojin blurted out.

Sarada sat up straight. "Well, I'm not sure I want to listen anymore, because we were promised a romance story, and we're not getting it. The only reason I'm not walking off is I really have nowhere else to go." She pushed up her glasses while Chocho nodded her head in agreement, and continued to munch on her food.

Ebizo chuckled as he watched the children. "Now, now, a good story takes awhile to get to the good parts. I need to set things up for this story to begin, so be patient. That day, as I said earlier, was very similar to today. What started out clear and sunny, turned to a drizzle, and soon to a monsoon. So to did life in Suna."

...

Rain fell down in a drizzle outside of the window. Rasa glanced outside the window nursing the injuries from the training earlier in the day, and he waited for the time that he knew his brother would be returning while Sasori talked to him about random things he didn't even want to begin to understand. Children were strange in his mind, and some of the things Sasori said were annoyingly weird. He noticed the bird used for signaling the return of Shinobi, and pushed himself up from the window sill to head to the entrance.

The thirteen year old couldn't help but notice Sasori following after him. "Where are you going Rasa! Huh Rasa?"

"Stop being so annoying. Nii-chan and nee-chan should be coming home."

Sasori's eyes sparkled. "Mama and papa are going to be home?"

Rasa rested his hand on his side, wishing it didn't ache so much. "Just go away."

The child of course didn't comply, and followed after his uncle. Rasa arrived at the front gate, and watched as the group his brother left with came through the gate. His dark eyes darted back and forth looking for his brother, only to fall upon the two bodies being carried among those returning, and that two were missing. Rasa felt a sickening feeling when he realized exactly who was missing, and the knowledge of who was under the sheets made him feel sick.

A small hand reached up and tugged at his Shinobi uniform, and Rasa looked down to see Sasori looking up at him as the rain suddenly poured down in torrents. "Rasa, where's mommy and daddy?"

The thirteen year old felt his eyes widen upon realizing his young nephew was with him, and his voice became stern. "Sasori, we need to go home, now."

Instead the child glared up at him. "No. I want mommy and daddy. You said they would be coming home."

"I said should." Out of the corner of his eye Rasa could see the other Shinobi in the group staring at him. He tried reaching down to grab Sasori's hand, only for the boy to pull away.

"Rasa, I want..."

A panic overcame the young Anbu, and his hand reached out so he punched the child on the top of his head. "I said we're leaving now. You shouldn't be out in this weather." Rasa ignored the sobs coming from Sasori's mouth, and he felt the child begin to kick his already sore body. The young Shinobi bit his lip at the torrent of kicks and hits coming from the child. "Seriously, he's such a pain."