Painful Training

The auburn haired shinobi of the sand village found himself unable to shake either his nephew, or the gaggle of females following after him. Rasa arrived at the training field, and popped his shoulder muscle as he walked onto the field. A sharp voice drew his attention towards the person he was training with. "Rasa, what is with you showing up like this?"

"Seriously old man. I'm actually on time today. So..." Rasa flinched as the man raised his hand, and he felt the Iron Sand hit him hard in the chest. The young Anbu felt the air knocked out of him, and found himself landing on his bottom. His mouth twisted up into a frown, and he felt a dull ache in his shoulder from landing on the arm he'd been trying to loosen up. He held both hands up. "I'm sorry, Lord Kazekage."

"Get up. You're an Anbu who is supposed to protect the Lord Kazekage, and yet within the first move you are knocked off your feet. That's unbecoming for your rank and position, Rasa. Stand up now on your two feet."

The thirteen year old spat on the ground, and stood up from the ground while his one hand went to his own Iron Sand. One of the females called out suddenly, making him turn to look at the small audience which had gathered around the place. "That's not fair!"

Sasori somehow found a place up high so he could watch the battle, and quickly Rasa found himself knocked off his feet again as the Iron Sand of his father hit him this time in the side. He felt his entire body shake with anger, before he turned to look at the man who still stood on his own two feet. "What the hell!"

"Language, Rasa. You wouldn't be knocked off your feet if you payed more attention to your surroundings."

Rasa grumbled as he stood up, and himself cursing his poor luck during the day. "Seriously! Why do we even do this? I hate using the Iron Sand, and you've obviously got an advantage over me! You're older and more experienced, and I can just as easily do my job without using that Kekkei Genkai release! It's a major pain to use!"

"One day you'll find your Kekkei Genkai to be a very valuable gift. Not many ninja are capable of achieving such an achievement. Now come at me with all you have Rasa."

"Easier said than done." Rasa reached to his side, and formed the iron sand into a weapon in the same manner his father did, and allowed it to take shape in his hand. He then moved forward to attack the man, only to find himself knocked off his feet yet again, and he let out a curse as the soreness of his body increases. Under his breath he whispered to himself, "Great. All I am is the Kazekage's punching bag. I'm never going to be like him."

...

"Never be like him. Apologizes for say this, as I know it's probably seen as sacrilege here, but the previous Kazekage is just like the Kazekage before him." Sarada folded her arms across her chest. "Seriously, I thought this would be a romance story, so why are we getting this garbage?"

"Shut up Sarada. The story's pretty awesome." Baruto piped up, and glared at his female team mate.

"I must agree with both of my team mates." Metal Lee leaned into his hands. "I wouldn't say that this story is very romantic at this point, but it is certainly a very nice story. I still wonder how the Kazekage blood line is able to charm females like they are, and get them to root for them like that."

"I agree with Sarada-chan." Chocho crunched on her potato chips. "I want this story to be more romantic then it is. Maybe my parent is the third Kazekage instead."

"Seriously, this is getting old," Shikadai rolled his eyes while he leaned back on his hands. "Even I know the third Kazekage was dead before my mom was born. Speaking of which, how is it that the third lost to Sasori of all people? He sounds pretty tough."

"Good question. Believe it or not, while the third and forth are extremely harsh, and come across as cold, they do have their compassionate side. I doubt the third would have won my sister's heart had that not been the case." Ebizo watched as the six genin looked at each other with skepticism. "Well, why don't you wait for the story to progress some more before you make up your minds." The man glanced over to Gaara who had managed to make a face. "That includes you Lord Kazekage."

...

Young Rasa lay on the ground looking up at the sky as the light drizzle continued to fall down. Every part of his body ached, and he wished he didn't need to train with his father. "No, I don't need to train with father. He simply enjoys embarrassing me. Chances are those girls will tell the others how I got my butt kicked again by my old man."

"That is enough for today as you can no longer stand and fight."

"I can stand."

"Go to your mother child, and have your injuries tended."

Rasa's eyes snapped shut. "Great, he's just adding insult to injury."

When they opened back up he saw a red head of hair looking down on him. "Rasa!"

"Sasori, go away."

"Can you play now? Grandfather says your done for the day."

"Sasori, how can you not understand that I'm hurting all over." Rasa sat back up, and rubbed the back of his neck. Looking at his pale arms he could see a few bruises forming, and mentally cursed. His eyes widened when the red haired child crawled into his lap. "Sasori, what are you doing? Getting my butt kicked by the old man was embarrassing enough as it was."

The sudden thought of the third watching, made him turn his head to look around to make sure a certain someone wouldn't over hear him. The child gave that soft smile he normally did, and grabbed ahold of the front of Rasa's uniform. "Rasa's amazing. Rasa's mine."

The thirteen year old titled his head slightly. "On top of the fact you're annoying, you've got serious issues."

A hand pushed the child off of his lap, and he pushed himself up. He began to walk back to the house attempting to leave the child behind. He soon felt soft, tiny fingers reach up to wrap into his own, and he pulled his hand away. He heard Sasori whimper, and reluctantly held out his hand to the child despite the pain, and he felt the fingers reach up again as he walked back home. He arrived back at the home, and let the door open up.

Chiyo and Ebizu sat at the table, and Rasa walked over and collapsed into the chair. "I don't know how much more of this I can take. I'm just glad nii-san is supposed to be coming home soon. Things are always better when he's around."

Rasa closed his dark eyes, and didn't notice Chiyo get up and prepare a wet cloth to place on his forehead, but he winced as soon as he felt the item. "That's because you like showing off for your big brother, and any other time you can't find your focus."

"I hate the kekkai genkai. Iron sand is heavy, and cumbersome."

"It's also strong once you get control over it. Remove your shirt child."

The thirteen year old ground his teeth at being called a child, but complied in pulling off his upper clothing. Chiyo let out a sigh, but before she could say something Sasori did. "Rasa! You're skins pretty colors!"

A small hand reached out, and touched the injury on Rasa's side. The pain erupted up the thirteen year old's spine, and his fist came down hard on the boy's head. "Sasori! Don't do things like that!" A sudden feeling of someone death glare made him look up at his mother, and realize he'd crossed the line. Both hands went up, and panic filled his voice. "I'm sorry! Really, I am very sorry!"

"I think you've gotten enough punishment for today." Chiyo quickly took her hand and slapped the spot on his chest, making Rasa let out a sharp yell.