Death Daze

Shikadai let out a yelp, and Gaara looked up with a rather amused look on his face. The young Konoha shinobi, however, didn't look pleased with the situation. "Shinki!"

The other shinobi wrapped his arms around his cousin's neck. Shinki's shinobi clothing was changed to black pajamas adorned with a few white skulls seen on the elbows and knees. Sarada and Chocho both caught sight of the young shinobi without the paint on his face. The young Uchiha let out a tight sound as if she were holding her words back. Chocho, however, let words spill from her mouth. "Wow. I'm glad we're not siblings. You're hot!"

"No. I'm not hot. I'm just warm and cozy." Shinki blurted out.

Shikadai tried leaning back against the furniture again but soon found himself giving up on the attempt. "Shinki, let go already. She means she thinks you're cute."

"People tell me that all the time."

Boruto let out a laugh, pointing his finger at Shinki, his small body toppling over onto the ground. "Guys being called cute is not a good thing!"

Gaara let an auburn eyebrow raise up. "This is why the girls say you have no sense of romance."

"Come on. We like being called handsome." Inojin folded his arms. "If girls were smart, they would know that."

"If little boys were smart..." Ebizo let out a laugh. ".. they would realize that there is no difference between the two, just girls and boys using different words to describe the same thing."

Shinki stared at the old man, but then let out a laugh. "I really have no idea what is going on, but what happened in the story so far."

"Let's see. great-uncle died, grandfather got kicked from the Anbu, Sasori, grandma, and grand-uncle, the other one, they enter the academy. Grandfather defends grandmother, gets hurt, and gets healed. You really didn't miss much." Shikadai paused. "Actually, I don't think I'm missing much, so I think I'll doze off."

"Oh, well, you'll want to hear the next part." Ebizo let out a laugh. "I'm sure that there is something you've all been wondering."

"When the romance is going to get going big time. This is just small compared to what a good romance should be." Sarada piped up.

"No. A good romance doesn't rush things." The man laughed again. "It's not that."

"How about when my dad comes into the picture?" Baruto piped up.

Chocho frowned. "Hey. Even I know that's not going to happen. Atl east I think it's not."

"Funny. I thought my father was in every story."

"I don't think your joke is appreciated." Metal Lee piped up. The boy stood up pointing to the ceiling. "When is my father going to come into the story. He's always in the stories. That is, the ones he tells."

"Seriously..." Shikadai let out a sigh.

"I don't get the joke." Shinki frowned.

"Don't worry. It was a really bad joke that doesn't make any sense whatsoever."

...

She didn't understand him. The auburn-haired teen kept looking her in the eye, his gaze not moving from her own. Jumping in like he did rather rankled Karura, as she could very well defend herself. The way Rasa simply took her grandfather's wrath for her also created irritation in her mind. The way the fourteen-year-old didn't care about his own well-being was unsettling.

The ANBU came, separating her grandfather and the teen. Merely showing up made her grandfather back down and the two shinobi's attention turned towards Rasa. Neither were gentle with the fourteen-year-old, and the son of the Kazekage didn't look pleased either.