Sand Crossed

"So, Sasori showed signs of being a monster all the way back then?" Kankuro rubbed the top of his head.

Ebizo frowned, but didn't say anything about the situation. A quiet though fell over the room, and nobody knew how to change the subject. Gaara however looked up from where he was, and the look on his face said he wished to ask something of the older man. "Was it the same for myself?"

Another silence fell over the room. Chocho licked her fingers as she finished her snack. Her hand reached into her pouch for another one. "So, is the reason he's embarrassed because he's got a crush on her, or because a girls treating his injuries."

"It's got to be the first." Sarada piped up. Her mouth twisted into a smile. "There is nobody out there that is that clueless when it comes to the opposite sex."

Kankuro let out a cough, and Shikadai glanced over. The young Shinobi was sure that Kankuro had coughed out Gaara's name.

...

The sickening sound of the beetle's leg being ripped off of the body made Rasa stare at Sasori as if the child were a two headed demon. His red haired nephew's back was turned to him as Yashamaru stared at the broken bug. Karura's hands stopped as she stared at the scene in front of her. Sasori lifted the bug up as the people of Suna passed by, some making horrified looks at seeing Tsunade, but others laughing at the sight of the Kazekage's grandson.

The red haired child tried pushing the leg of the bug back on, but found he wasn't able to. His head tilted back to look at the young Anbu. Sasori's voice stained slightly. "Rasa..."

"What does he want now?"

Sasori spun around in a quick motion, and held the bug up. "Fix it Rasa?"

"Sasori..." Rasa stared at the five year old, and took in the fact the boy stared at him, and not a single emotion was on the boy's face. The young Anbu found himself moving despite the pain, and scooping Sasori up. He found himself moving away from the area, and back up to the rooftop he'd come from. He'd set Sasori down before collapsing onto his backside. He watched from the corner of his eyes as Sasori peeked over the edge.

"Rasa, how am I supposed to get down." The boy looked at the bug still in his hand without realizing that his uncle was down for the count. "What about fixing my bug?"

"Your bug?" A sudden flash, and Yashamaru appeared on the railing. "That's my bug because I found it. I'd like it back."

"Damn. Please tell me Sasori's not going to try and pick a fight with him." Rasa attempted to sit up at the same time one of the other Anbu came and stood beside him, and he noticed the girl coming right beside him. "They're not graduated from the academy, and yet they're able to keep up with me?"

Rasa pulled himself over to the wall, and tried to ignore the girl only to find himself shoved into the wall. He found his breath lost as the girl pushed him back. "Seriously, what don't you get about me healing you up? Sensei will be very mad if I don't."

The young Anbu watched as Sasori made the same motion he had in an attempt to fix the bug, and then the red haired child held up the bug. "Fix it."

"I'll see what I can do."

Rasa's eyes widened up, and his head titled to the side as the small boy went to work healing the bug in question. He quickly forgot that the girl next to him was working on healing him up, and stared transfixed as the monster nephew of his stared at what the sandy haired boy watched. The beetle soon flew away, and Rasa turned his head to watch in the same manner as Sasori. His attention turned back to the girl, and the fact she'd lifted his shirt up.

Heat flew to his cheeks, and the tips of his ears. "Hold on. This isn't quite..."

"Appropriate? I'd think a pervert like yourself would be getting off on this." Karura continued to work away. "You're also blushing like an idiot."

"I am not!" Rasa moved slightly, and found himself flinching. He glanced away and tried to think of a way to change the subject. "So, the two of you are with the refugees then?"

"My students are not with the refugees." Tsuande's voice made Rasa lift his head up to look at her. "We simply came across the group on our way here, and traveled with them to provide protection. These two are actually here because their father requested I bring them to their grandfather so that they could enter the academy, albeit a bit late."

Karura let out a sigh, and pointed at Rasa's wound. "Look sensei, there is no blood."

Rasa felt his mouth twitch. "And what does that have to do with anything?"

He found himself looking into those violet colored eyes again, and found his throat tightening up as the heat in his cheeks and ears increased. The frown on the girl's face remained. "None of your business really. That's between me and sensei."

The man with the blue hair hopped up onto the ledge nearby. "The refugees are relocated Tsunade."

Yashamaru ran over to the man as the person jumped down. The boy's hand's gripped onto the man's clothing. "I healed a bug, Uncle Dan!"

The man's hand reached down to ruffle the top of the boy's head. "You did, did you Yashamaru?" The man held out a piece of candy to the boy. "Well, here is a treat for you." The man looked at Sasori, and plopped a piece of candy down into Sasori's out stretched hands. "And one for your friend here to."

A smile flickered across Karura's face, and Rasa felt his cheeks heat again, before glancing away. Yashamaru however continued to chat with the man. "Uncle Dan, you'll be sure to come and visit with sensei when you have a chance?"

"Sure thing."

Note: The reason Dan is alive despite the fact the war is over is because I'm having him be a casualty of war which occurs after peace is declared.