His maid, Weaknesses

≡♡ Chapter 7 ♡≡

©
"Eyes--like windows towards thus soul. Souls which paths and journey we have been to follow. As off windows--windows that is long, narrow, and pointed, and at so vast a distance from the aura. And travellers now within that--for some--the litten windows see forms that move fantastically to a discordant melody; while, like a rapid ghastly phantom, through the pale being, a hideous rush out forever, and laugh-but a forever lost happiness.. or so he thought."
©

~Marrie's POV~
I saw nothing but deep darkness. Waking up, cautiously, I realised I had fallen asleep. My eyes fluttered open from the light gazing through the thin window curtains, and letting out a soft yawn, I sat up. Yet to reveal a piercing pain come through the left side of my chest. "GAH--NNGH..!" I gasped out from the sudden sensation.
Furthermore, two hands came in contact with my shoulders, seeming to inspect me and push me back down on the beds pillow. I looked cautiously to my left, to see Sebastian standing by my side looking ever so worried.. Yet from what? I wondered.
"Don't move so quickly..." he spoke softly as I relaxed into the large pillow placed behind me. The pillow was large enough to where I was able to be sitting up against it. I layed a hand on my heart and felt the blood pump through with more disturbances than it was used to. Sebastian backed away and sat down into a chair that was placed directly behind him. From perspective, it seems he was sitting there the whole time I was asleep.
"Michaelis... How long was I asleep?" I questioned quietly, "..and furthermore, how long have you been sitting there?" I cocked an eyebrow starring towards him. He looked with at me with a concentrated face as he adjusted himself in the wooden stool.

"You have been out since the carriage ride prior... Assuming you have passed out from such blood loss." replying in a matter of fact tone, I awaited for my other response. He sighed, annoyingly, knowing I wanted the answer. "..and yes, I stayed the whole time you were asleep.. Yet, I did have to clean the wound, and stayed here in case the blood loss had gotten worse.." he said with much emphasis.

Saying that made my blood boil.. He must be an imbecile if he tried to revive me.. 'Is he stupid enough to try the damn legend!?' I thought in frustration. 'It's merely a legend!'

Yet I gave a, fake, light hearted smile, looking forward into my lap.
"I am sorry to cause such disturbances, Michaelis. I cannot help the weaknesses I have been possessed with.. being, in fact, female.." I chucked the last bit with embarrassment and furrowed my eye brows. I kept my gaze upon my lap.

"We all have our strengths and weakness, Marrie..." he spoke up.

"Tch.. Strengths are seemingly the only thing you have..." I had thought aloud. He nodded.
"I have many strengths, and I assume as do you?" he asked with interest dripping from every word, sending me unsure about his actions... Yet I only chuckled.
"Michaelis, I don't have many strengths... Other than mere mortals telling me I am the 'perfect motherly figure' which is odd, me being a demon.."
I then silenced myself to ponder my so called "emotions" and thought about how I care... For Ciel, and how I did for Vincent as well...
Then I tried to change the subject.. "W-What strengths do you possess?" I asked looking up at his sitting posture.

"Falling in love easily." he said with a serious look, closing his eyes. I thought he was joking... Yet to his mood that thought seemed invalid. So I hummed in return... Thinking of weaknesses.
"You too have a weakness?" I questioned. He nodded his head.
"And that is?" I played with my fingers as my glance stayed staring off into my lap. Yet a soft touch was planted on my chin making my gaze shift back towards Sebastian whos face was centimeters away from mine.