His maid, New Recruits

= Chapter 16 =

~Ciel's POV~

"I can't believe this.." I groaned as I flopped on to my bed backwards with a heavy sigh of discomfort, "Sebastian says we have to go into the circus.. and actually be in it?" I rephrased to my maid whom took off my shoes.
"I believe so, my lord." Marrie replied softly with her rich tone. She finished taking off my shoes and sock guards, then walking to the closest to fetch me my nightly wardrobe. "Tomorrow's a new day.." she hummed and turned back around to smile at me reasurringly.

~

"Tch.. How absurd.." I snapped at Sebastian, whom wore his nicely made suit as I was made to wear commoners clothes. Marrie stood by me with merely a pastel pink corset, with a bow around her waist, and ruffly skirt. She wore makeup on her lips and around her eyes, making her seem slightly intimating.
We stood at the circus auditions early this morning to try out to be recruited. Others stood in outrageous performance suits and makeup, seeming confidently stood in their way to show off their talents.

"Ah! And who might you be?!" asked an enthusiastic man, whom I shortly recognized as Joker, the host of Noah's Ark Circus. He was gesturing towards me with his boney arm structure.
"Ah.. I'm a mere commoner, sir.." I stuttered and looked up at him with a slight sweat yet played off a nervous smile.
"Do show me yer' act!" he chuckled and walked back to stand with another crew member whom had red dots on his cheeks, blonde hair with a brunette streak in front, and a striped top. I stood wryly and looked around, taking daggers into my grasp and looking over to the target shaped board.
"I'm going to throw daggers." I stated without emotion, already done with this acting shit. Marie stiffles laughter slightly, thinking I was cute, like she's my mom or something.

~Marrie's POV~
"Ehh? But that's my bid.." stated the blond crew member as he crossed his arms, apparently being one to use daggers as his act as well.
Ciel gave a large gulp, swallowing the lump in his throat, and aiming the dagger at the target merley several meters away. The first toss he threw seemed to be going in slow motion, as it made its way to the outskirts of the target it somehow swung straight to the center of it, making the crowd around us "awe" in applause. I knew that meekly trick wasn't just luck, for Sebastian had thrown a pebble that stuck the dagger mid-air to turn and head straight to the bulls eye.
"Cheater.." I hummed softly.
"Realize you need a "talent" as well.." he reminded me, thus making me roll my eyes.

~

"Welcome aboard!" Joker announced, gesturing his arms out to Ciel, Sebastian, and myself. We now stood inside the main tent of the circus, that holds all the large acts and preformances. The three of us had been brought aboard as new crew members of the circus, due to our "talents" we had shown off during auditions. "Now! We must give you three yer' names!" Joker added with a mischievous grin.

"Female one!" Joker pointed to me, as I jumped slightly from suprise in my new light pink, outer corset, uniform. "Your name is now, Pastel!" he announced. I replied with a small smile and a bead of swea,t that dripped from my head in annoyance. "Tall one! Your name is Black!" he stated again, gesturing to Sebastian.
"As you wish.." Sebastian replied with a smirk. I could tell he was enjoying this obserd and unnecessary scene.
"And for the small lad.." Joker turned to face Ciel, whom was in such a cute outfit, he was obviously hating. "For you.. a name will be.." he bent his upper torso down to Ciels height, as the young lord cringed with tensed eyebrows at his patients. "Smile!~" he announced.

"Ehhh!?" Ciel gasped in confusion.
"I see you never smile much~ So I'd like for ya to give us a biiiiigg smile!~" Joker lifted a finger to Ciel, in and informative manner whilst giving  large closed eye grin. Sebastian on the other hand was trying his best not to laugh his guts onto the floor, so he then shifted himself and snickered intensly beside me. I sighed softly, obviously not in the utmost amussed.
"Smile!!! Smiiiilee~ Smiiiile!!" Joker cooed loudly to Ciel whom gave in and broke into his fake beautiful smile. Tis a shame for such a beautiful boy to have such a life such as this.. But for as though the roads take us.

=♡=

{ A/N - Bonjourrr~ I'm so sorry for the lack of posting but school and family has taken up my free time ;-; I'm keeping new chapters short for more updates, until I get on a regular schedule! }