| Sperm Donor |

"It's about time for you to go to bed, fall in deep slumber, and start dreaming about your love life."

"Your love is my turning pagewhere only the sweetest words remain

where only the sweetest words remain.
every kiss is a cursive line
every touch is a redefining phrase."

Lyrics contaminated my ears as I made my way to the kitchen in my half- awake mode, where my mother was making the breakfast while humming to her favourite song.

"Maa...not again please!" I groaned while covering my ears with my hand to block that blasted music.

She chuckled before switching off the music player.

"Good morning, my angel," Mom whispered, kissing my forehead and placing breakfast in front of me.

"Morning, it would have been good if you weren't polluting the place with that damn song!" I whined stuffing my mouth with mom- made omelette.

She laughed out loud showing her white teeth and the crinkles of her eyes, and said; "Oh honey! One day you will be doing the same thing, barefoot, making breakfast for your family while humming romantic songs..."

I scoffed at my mother's theories, "Yeah, in another life may be."

Her smile dropped and she sighed dreamily, "I wish I had a normal daughter who would give guys a chance, go out with them, have fun, and bring them home to meet me."

"But you still have me ma, why would you need an alien type of a daughter?" I smirked while nudging her shoulders.

She glared at me giving a 'Don't try to act smart' look.

I shrugged sheepishly and continued eating in a comfortable silence.

Mom and my relation has always been that of best friends. Because we only have each other in this house. She had raised me on her own, and she knows me perfectly well. My mother is my whole world, and I am proud of that.

"What happened to the guy Jessica was telling me about, the one who asked you out?" She asked referring to the latest update given to her by my best friend.

It sucks when your mom, and your best friend are a team...

I sighed inwardly and standing up from the chair, looked at myself in mirror fixed near the counter.

"Nothing happened." I replied, giving the same answer which was fixed on my lips for years, in a monotonous voice while tying up my waist length black hair in a messy bun.

"No?" Mom asked for confirmation.

"No." I replied assertively, rolling up sleeves of my blue shirt, which was perfectly paired up with black shorts.

"As expected..." she whispered beneath her breath.

I smirked, applying my strawberry lip gloss and picked up my backpack to make an exit for school.

"Why do you hate to give love a chance at least once?" She asked as I pouted looking at my reflection in the mirror.

Dull blue eyes, black hairs tied up in a messy bun, light blue shirt paired with black jeans shorts, and that little lipgloss sparkling my lips..

Hmmm not bad El...Time to face the demons!

I turned back to answer mom.

"Because love has ruined everything and everyone I know. And I don't want to be ruined." I whispered smiling sadly at her.

She sighed heavily and bid me good bye, "Have a nice day sweetie."

"See you mom," I kissed her cheeks and left for the school.

Another day of my boring life. I sighed looking at the sun, blinding myself in the process.

The dried leaves crunched under my feet as I walked towards the hellhole known as school.

"Why don't you give love a chance at least once?" my mother's words replayed in my mind.

Why? I don't know. People probably thought that I had gone through a harsh break up. It maybe a virginity bet or a bad boy's obsession or an abusive ex.

I snorted at that idea myself.

No. I had never had a relationship, a date or even a kiss. I never had a boyfriend or a crush. I don't do hook up's either. I just hated the idea of love and relationships with all my heart. I am utterly terrified of relations and feelings.

My mother had me when she was 19. She had fell in love with someone whom I call as my 'sperm donor'.

Eventually the sperm donor didn't want me and left my mother pregnant and unmarried. She is currently in a relationship with her boyfriend Eric who is in the military. It took her years to move on from her love. I have seen her pain and struggles everyday while growing up. It is enough for me, to not to be intimate with any creature with two legs and a sperm producing organ.

My mother had adopted a boy 3 years older than me to give me company when I was 6. We became best friends and family. He was the best brother one could have asked for. He loved a girl and was to propose to her for marriage on his 18th birthday. But before he could have his answer, the girl told him that she was not interested anymore and as a result of rage and drive...he killed himself in a car accident.

You see why I hate the idea of love so much. It kills people, simply destroys them. Even the idea of it burns them. It causes so much pain that you are left with nothing but a shell of a body to carry with. And in some cases, not even that. It is just like a nightmare, wrapped up in the beauty of false promises and sweet nothings.

And I don't want to be a victim of any such cases.

Prevention is better than cure...

"Eliiiieeeeee!" A girlish squeal halted me from my train of thoughts, indicating that I had reached my school.

"I have an interesting news for you!" Jessica, my best friend wriggled her eyebrows, looking at me.

Oh no...this means trouble in my language...

---------------------------------