| An Almost First Kiss |

"I am homesick for the dreams in which you feature"

__________________

"He lifted his hand towards the sky; his fingers covering the sun from our view before they parted a little, allowing sun rays to pour through the slits of his stretched fingers until they reached our eyes.

I squinted my eyes a little to adjust to bright light and looked at the boy lying beside me.

His green eyes shone brightly and lips stretched into a smile as soft golden light illuminated his features.

The little stubble on his jaw gave him a rough edge, and appealed me to run my fingers across them. His high defined cheek bones, perfect jawline, long eye lashes and beautifully sculptured lips drove me crazy for him.

The air around us lingered with scent of mint grass mixed with hint of his own cologne and fresh dew on leaves of cherry blossom tree.

I wondered if it was his presence beside me; or his mere scent that calmed every nerve inside my body but sent my heart on high tide at the same time.

He seemed to notice my stare and glanced down at me with amusement.

I blushed deepest shade of red and returned back to the book I was distracted from. I was reading my all time favorite novel, "P.S- I love you"

I felt his fingers twirling my loose hair tendrils before tucking them behind my ears. I shivered from his touch but kept my focus on the book.

I had read a very few love stories. I am not a big fan of romance genre. But whenever I read them, I adore them with all my heart. Because, books are the only place where love stories have a happy ending.

"In the meantime, she would just live." I whispered the last line of the novel to myself and swatted his hand away which were on a mission to keep those stubborn tendrils in place.

"They are stubborn..." he frowned crossing his arms across his chest.

He looked like a sad five year old child that had not been given his favorite toy. Seeing his lower lip pouted out, I almost had the urge to wrap my arms around him and console him that it's okay.

I shook my head on my silly thoughts and his childishness.

"You are stubborn too." I teased him running my hands across the grass blades on the ground.

"Only when it comes to you..." he whispered softly, draping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him. I kept my head on his forearm and nervously fiddled with my bracelet biting my bottom lip.

My breath hitched as his fingers grazed the bare skin of my waist where my top had lifted up.

His touch left my skin burning hot and my heart beat accelerated to the highest point.

He was oblivious of the effect he had on me and hid his face in my hairs.

"I am so tired..." he muttered lazily, his fingers drawing meaningless shapes on my back with his thumb.