| In Which He Dreams |

"Holding Eleanor's Hand Was Like Holding A Butterfly, Or A Heartbeat. Like Holding Something Complete And Completely Alive."

- Rainbow Rowell
~From 'Eleanor and Park

--------------------

Unknown's P.O.V-

"My eyes were burning with unshed tears and chest felt heavy as if it were filled with rocks. I could no longer see clearly because she was crying; and my vision of her was blurred by my own tears.

Nothing could be more painful in this world to see the girl you love crying like a baby. Nothing could be more heartbreaking than her tears. Nothing could be more torturous when you are not able to assure her that it will be okay.

I watched her as she tried to hold it in, but the pain came out of her throat like a silent scream in form of hollow sob.

I tried to grab her hand but she shrugged my hands away, pinching the bridge of her nose to control her tears.

She was on her breaking point. Her eyes and nose were completely red. Water beads started falling from her eyes one after the another, without a sign of stopping. The muffled sobs wracked her chest and her body shook like a leaf.

I closed the one arm distance she kept me at, and pulled her to my chest. Her tears seeped through my T-shirt making me feel her pain.

She tried to push me away, but this time she really needs to know I am damn stubborn when it comes to her.

When she cried, there was a rawness to it, like the pain was open wound. I wanted to heal it because seeing her like that was breaking my heart slowly. Was it all my fault? Why was she crying like this?

"I am sorry..." I whispered hugging her tightly, I didn't knew what else to say.

May be it was my fault. May be if I hadn't pasted her to my memories, she would have been saved from crying in my dreams.

May be if I wasn't hopelessly and irreversibly in love with that little chihuahua who gave me chocolates on her birthday and gifted me with the kiss on my cheeks, I didn't had to watch her crying like this.

"Please Juliet...Don't cry baby," I pleaded her.

She shook her head and looked up at me. Her sorrow and grief filled eyes pierced arrows in my own heart. I wanted to take away her every pain. I wanted that eyes to sparkle with love for me again...

One look at me and her eyes got welled up from fresh set of tears. She looked scared. Her eyes were puffy and hairs were sticking to my neck.

I didn't cared about anything else at that moment except her.

"Are you okay?" I blurted out idiotically knowing clearly that she wasn't. But I was feeling so nervous seeing her cry like that I could not think of anything else.

She threw her arms around my neck and pulled me closer to her in a bone crushing hug. I held her by her waist as she hid her face in my collarbone.