Ch. 42 The Pokemon Paradox Part 1

We rushed into the main room, where Doc quickly set to work at the computer. She turned around not long after and explained. "It's getting worse. The rip in the timeline is becoming stronger, and I fear it will completely destabilize the timeline if something of too great a mass passes through. I need you to get to Celebi's cave. Now."

So we quickly grabbed a few things and burst out the door to get to the cave. When we arrived Celebi seemed in pain. It was clutching itself and, it barely was able to see us. "T-Todd! Quickly! O-over there!" I turned to see a large vortex. It was bright and intense, yet it seemed to stretch and move awkwardly.

"Huh. Dunno how we didn't notice that when we came in."

"Todd! Not a good time!" Harper yelled at me.

"Todd...you must...close it." Celebi continued.

"What? Why the hell me?"

"Todd, you have to. You opened it, you can close it."

I sighed. "Alright. Tell me what I have to do."

"First, stand still."

"Alright." I did and Celebi seemed to concentrate, and then glow. After a minute, the glow began to fade.

"I've temporarily transported a bit of my temporal power to you. You need to reach your hands to either side of the portal, then pull together. It will seal the rip with the power I gave you."

I nodded, and began. I performed the necessary actions. As I began to pull together, however, a weird thing appeared through the portal. It suddenly came out and fell on top of me. And I fell as well.

As you can imagine, falling over does bad things to a time portal you're trying to close. I looked up and saw the portal begin to violently twist. It began to grow soon, and Celebi yelled, "Run!!!"

I was not opposed to this plan. We all rushed out of the cave, and collapsed outside. We simply breathed heavily for a while, before I recalled the presence of a strange being from another timeline sitting beside me.

"Okay. Hi, I'm Todd. These are my friends. You and me, we may have just doomed multiple timelines. And your name is?"

He stared at me wide eyed for a moment before replying, "Uh, Jeremy."

I was about to continue our in depth conversation when I was interrupted by Celebi.

"Todd. This is a DISASTER! YOU COULD AT LEAST SOUND LIKE YOU CARE!!"

"Sorry. They just kept coming."

"Uh, what's going on here?" Jeremy asked.

"Right. Celebi, could you handle that, cause I have no idea what just happened."

Celebi sighed. "We were working on repairing a disturbance in the timeline. A very bad one, and the strain of transporting your mass to our timeline has nearly completely destabilized it. And Todd isn't helping."

"Hey!"

"We need to get somewhere where we can talk about this further."

"Got it. We're headed back."

-Later-

"What did you do, Todd?" Were Doc's first words upon my entering the house.

"Why does everyone have a problem with me?"

After Celebi got her caught up, they began to discuss in unintelligible terms.

"So the timestream is unbalanced."