Ch. 64 A Curse and a Gift Part 4

I looked out at the ocean around me. It was pretty nice. It had been a while since I had gotten on a boat. The sun reflected beautifully off the crystal clear water, almost making it hard to look at. I watched as fish beside the boat passed behind us as we sailed across the water. A few fish surfaced, and I could see their white heads and blue backs before they ducked under again.

Jacob came up behind me. "They really should slow down a little. There are a lot of fish in these waters."

"Yeah, you'd think they'd be able to tell with the big crowds around the boat."

He shrugged. "Plus, I can sense their auras. Anything alive within a pretty good radius I can sense, and sense how it's feeling."

He frowned. "Actually, there is a LOT of fish around here..."

I sat down. He sat next to me. We were silent for a little bit, before he asked, "Something's bothering you." I looked at him. "Hey. Aura, remember?"

I sighed. "It's nothing."

"Clearly it isn't. It's sending your aura spinning. You don't quite get this yet, do you?"

"Guess I don't." I leaned back. I guess it was good to get it off my chest. "I...recently, I wanted to find my father. I found him, and found out that...that he wasn't human. He was a Pokemon. And I am part Pokemon. I...I spent my whole life living a normal, human life. Then I was transformed by a mutagen, and my life got turned upside down. And now, I find out I was never normal."

"But...really, why is this so hard for you?"

"Because, I was scared of it. I didn't want to be with my family, I wanted to be alone. And because of that, my step-brother...got hurt. A blow to the head. Gave him temporary amnesia."

"I'm...so sorry. Is he okay?"

"He's getting some things back. He's not permanently hurt, but...it was my fault. All because I'm scared."

He sat in silence for a moment. "This might be rude, but if I could ask, specifically what Pokemon was your father?"

"Umm...it was something like...Mewtone?"

He gaped. "You...you mean Mewtwo?"

"Yeah, yeah that was the one."

"Okay, that is crazy. Mewtwo is really just a myth here. And not only is your father Mewtwo, but...are you part Mewtwo?"

I groaned and leaned over.

"Hey, hey, I'm sorry. It's just, this is amazing. You have no idea how powerful you could be."

"Yeah! And that's exactly why I'm scared! I have no idea what I can do! And, I have friends, family, people I don't want to hurt..."

"Your girlfriend?"

"What?" I looked up at him.

"Please. She's your girlfriend."

I sighed. "Not yet. She doesn't have a clue."

"Dude, forget about that. You, you have amazing capabilities. You could be a greater hero than anyone anywhere has ever seen. And you know what? Team Phoenix just kidnapped your girlfriend. How does that make you feel?"

I looked at him.

"Fear is a motivator. But anger is fuel. Be afraid of what will happen if you DON'T do anything. And then be mad as hell at the bad guys."

As soon as he finished, an impact could be felt in the side of the boat. We stood up quickly and made our way to the side and looked down. The fish I had seen were ramming up against the boat. "What? Why are the fish attacking?"

He frowned. "Those aren't just fish." He pulled out a device that looked nearly identical to our Pokedexes. He held it towards them. "I thought so. This is Wishiwashi. It's a fish Pokemon. Pretty small and harmless by themselves, so they compensate."

"How do they compensate!?"

The eyes of the Pokemon began to glow, and large swarms gathered until they formed a large monster in the shape of fish. They slammed into the side, and the boat shook significantly more.

Jacob gripped the side of the boat to keep his footing and got a dead serious look. "They do that."

"Okay. So, still, why are they attacking?"

"Like I said, this place is pretty new. They're probably not used to the larger crowds and more boats."

"Well, we should probably do something."

"Not like I was planning on taking a nap." He transformed into Lucario and fired an Aura Sphere at the large creature. Unfortunately, it split apart and the ball passed harmlessly through.

"Huh. I honestly thought that would work."

He continued trying, but it would either split or move. He looked over me, obviously a little drained from attacking while constantly rocking on the boat. "Why don't you try something?"

"I don't have any projectiles! Anything I could try requires getting in the water!"

"What about Mewtwo powers?"

I gulped.

"You gotta start sometime!"

I nodded and, when he launched another one, I threw a Shadow Ball immediately after. I only managed to hit a few, and they weren't all that bothered. They shot a heavy blast of water directly at me. I braced myself, but felt only a few stray drops splatter on me. I looked to see Jacob in front of me, his arm out, holding up a band on his arm with a strange blue shape forming a sort of shield.

"What is that?"

"Aura Stone! Don't know much about it, but it can take any shape I want it to!"

"Well, thanks!"

We tried a few more times, but they wised up, and we couldn't land a hit.

"This isn't working!" He replied.

"I COULDN'T TELL!!" I thought about when I had encountered my father, and an idea came.

"Alright, I need you to get a big one ready!" He looked at me questioningly. "I know what I'm doing!" He looked away.

"I really hope." I said to myself.

I gained my concentration. I focused on the attacking school and thought of all of them remaining where they were. I tried to make it my only thought. I opened my eyes when I felt focused on it.

Sure enough, they floated in place.

"Go now!" I yelled.

"What did you do?"

"TRUST ME!!"

A larger, brighter Aura Sphere crashed into them. They dispersed quickly.

We sat down next to each other and caught our breath. We looked at each other. After a quick fist pump, we leaned back and pretty much passed out.

---

Taylor had been through weird things, but this was definitely unique. She was in a strange cell, with a gold, female Lucario, who couldn't seem to wake up, but was communicating with her through dreams.

Yeah. Definitely unique.

"Just what is your name?" She asked as she began to slip out of the dream.

"I'm Andrea." The Lucario replied.

"Nice name." Taylor smiled.

X-X

Sorry for the abrupt ending guys. I intended for that to be different, but I hope you guys don't really care. Also, I would like to apologize for the long time it took to get to the part of the story where details about who Todd is are explained. Since it is out, I would appreciate if you told me in the comments what you thought about the big reveal! Anyway, sorry I had a long period of pretty much inactivity, but I'm coming back strong, thanks to the support I get from readers. Keep reading!