Ch. 57 Family Part 2

Todd POV

I grunted as we pushed our way up another sandy pit. I was really hot, tired, and dirty. But I didn't care.

John on the other hand cared quite a bit.

"Dude. It's way too hot. We have been walking for way too long for us to actually be going anywhere."

"Exactly." I replied. I knew that didn't tell him anything, but I wasn't in the mood for that. 

I had asked John and Lily to help me out with a little investigation. I had brought them over, and I asked them for help finding our dad. They had told me he had recently divorced their mom, and at first I hoped I wasn't doing this too soon, that I wouldn't touch a nerve.

But they seemed okay, and they helped me out. It was now that we were getting so close to the truth that I felt nervous, anxious, and generally uncomfortable.

I sighed. "What I mean is, he didn't want anyone to think there was anything back here, so he could be on his own. Sorry, I'm just...a little confused right now."

"Hey, no problem. Don't think about it too much until it really matters." Lily replied.

"Hey, what's that?" John asked. We looked over the last sand hill, and saw a small hut. It was probably only a few rooms, and looked pretty generic. We made our way up, and went up to the door, and I had to muster up some courage before knocking on the door.

After a minute, no one answered. I recalled what my dad had told me about where he always liked to keep the keys. I felt in a special hinge on the door, and sure enough grasped the key.

"Wow. That's sweet, how did you know that?"

"It is my dad." I replied. I put it in and opened the door slowly. It was incredibly humid and dirty. There was a tv that was in surprisingly good shape, and in fact almost everything looked good. There was a nice couch, and stuff like that. John went to check out the TV, but I went to various shelves. I found pictures of John and Lily, and of me when I was really young. I felt strangely drawn to a dresser. I opened a drawer and found a small jewelry box.

I felt for the lock and started to open it. Suddenly, the door opened again. I set down the box, and turned quickly. I looked back and saw someone enter. He had typical brown hair, wore a deep purple shirt, and a pair of sweatpants. He generally looked young, but something in his face made him seem...old. Like in the way that he had seen a lot.

When he looked in and saw us, he tensed up. He didn't move for a second, then eased when he saw John and Lily. He looked at me for a moment, and seemed to be curious. I felt kinda uncomfortable, and there was almost a ringing in the back of my brain like there was something there that wasn't supposed to be.

He turned to John and Lily again, more serious this time. "What are you two doing here? Does your mother know?" He turned to me. "And Todd, what do you...?"

"How would you know!?" I felt my anger let itself out. My fists clenched tightly. "You left! You didn't even bother to watch me grow up! You left me and mom on our own!"

I felt Lily put a hand on me.  I held myself back. Lily spoke up. "Dad, we wanted to talk, about, things. Listen, there's some...things."

I felt my hand on the jewelry box. I felt anger build up again.

"I had a feeling you would. Listen, things are complicated. I have a lot of responsibilities, and you wouldn't understa-"

I hurled the box at him. Everyone seemed surprised, and I was surprised with how quickly I threw it.

When we looked, it floated in midair. Just in front of him. I looked him in the eyes. "Tell us the truth. NOW."

-Joey POV-

I ducked as Taylor flew over my head into the wall behind me. I ran over to her. 

"Are you okay?"

She looked up at me and started to mouth something. "LOOK OUT!!" was what came out.

I felt one of the small hand like pieces of the Pokemon with the giant nose grab me from behind and pull me back. I struggled for a minute, then began trying to spin my legs. I hit the creature spinning like a top, knocking it back. I landed and bounced back.

The Pokemon spun back, then righted itself and floated there as if nothing had happened.

Adrian growled. "It's like they don't even feel anything."

The face appeared on the screen again. "Of course. These are some of the most powerful Pokemon to be found. They cannot be defeated by just you."

He then seemed to frown. "I do seem to recall there being another one of you. If he should come, however, he will not be in time to save his friends. Or himself."

I could feel Taylor heat up behind me. She stepped forward and looked at the Pokemon in anger.

"Leave...him...ALONE!!!" She yelled, and a bright white light burst around her. When it cleared out, she looked much different.

She was much more red, with the top of her legs, arms, and head being red. She had a strange sort of hair or something over her head and chest, and yellow on the bottom of the legs.

And she was pissed.

Dear Readers-

Thank you so much for sticking with me. I want to thank you for that. And I hope that you will feel compelled to wish me well at the same time.