Ch. 50 Universal Reset Part 5

I ran out to a different area of the prison. I had decided to take the gun with me. I figured if there was a serious threat to my life, I might as well be able to defend myself. 

With me were a fairly small group of people. Everyone looked like they had been struggling to survive, and a lot of their clothes were very dirty. Some of them had wounds, but mostly, they all looked like people whose bad sides were not something you wanted to get on. I gulped, and found myself reaching for my holster out of instinct.

Someone flipped open a small window hole on a metal door. They looked out, then yelled, "they're getting close!"

Rick yelled, "Everyone take spots, now!"

People started moving to open spaces and putting their guns up. I decided to follow their lead. 

Dear God, I thought, please don't let me pee my pants.

I looked out the window, and I have to say I was pretty lucky I didn't pee my pants.

What was approaching us was unlike anything I had ever seen. They were Pokemon. I was sure of it. I recognized some of them from what I had encountered during Christmas. But they looked really different. Parts of their body were scarred, some were missing limbs, and they all hissed ferociously. And the worst part was, I could see the remains of clothes on some.

These were once people.

I remembered reading the journal, mentioning bites, and such.

"Zombie Pokemon." I whispered. "Awesome."

I suddenly was startled by a gunshot. One of them went down, and I saw blood on the ground. I felt my a gag reflex beginning, and wondered if maybe peeing my pants wasn't my biggest worry.

More shots began to sound, almost like some sort of terrible booming roar, mixed with squeals and hisses of the monster Pokemon. I swallowed my fear. I had to at least try to defend myself.

I shakily brought the gun up to the whole. I tried to compose myself, and fired a shot.

For future reference, don't fire guns. Guns are loud.

I fired a few more shots, feeling really bad about what I was doing. Eventually, the gun wouldn't fire. I assumed it was out of bullets. It seemed like a good excuse to leave the fight for a while. Before you say anything about me, I am a coward. And I am not ashamed.

I slipped into another part of the prison, probably a cafeteria. Everyone must have been out at the front. I sighed as I sat down and breathed deeply. This was the most insane, unnerving thing I had ever done. How in the world had I gotten into this?

I heard a shuffling. I looked up, then sighed and looked down again. Then another shuffling occurred, followed by a loud clang. I stood up, putting my hand on the gun. I walked slowly through the door to the kitchen. And it was a zombie Pokemon.

It didn't notice me, so I slowly approached it. Suddenly, my foot landed on a metal ladle, causing it to spin around in front of me and lunge at me. I fell backward, and pulled my gun up instinctively. It took a swipe at me, and the gun was knocked out of my hand. I fell backward, dodging two more swipes. I scrambled, grabbing something and swinging it at its head.

I apparently am lucky when it comes to grabbing random items, because I smacked it across the face with a ladle. It spun a little, giving me enough time to get up. I smashed the ladle over its head again, then planted a foot in its face. It stayed down.

The adrenaline rush began to fade. I began to breathe really heavily realizing what I had just done. I sat down, and felt something poking into me. I stood up and reached into a pocket, and discovered another load for my gun.

I sighed. I pulled it out and began snapping it in. I walked into another part of the prison, on the side. Nobody seemed to be there. I leaned up against a wall to relax, then looked out the window. Just at that moment, a large horde smashed the door to my left in. I quickly drew my gun. I fired a few shots into the crowd, before a flailing zombie tossed a bookshelf down, which fell on top of me. I was hit on the head, and dropped suddenly into darkness.

---

The next moment I could notice, I was back in the dream world. I must have survived the day, so now I was dreaming again.

I heard the voice from before, but more clearly, speaking in full sentences.

YOU. ONE LIKE YOU IN THE EXISTENCE. THEY HAVE AWAKENED ME. I SHALL FIND THEM. AND IF NOT...

I saw my reflection in front of me, as if in a mirror, but it began shifting, showing several different versions of myself.

...THEN ALL OF YOU SHALL SUFFER BY THE HAND OF ARCEUS.

A pair of eyes appeared again.

THE TIME COMES SOON...

Then it all faded into darkness.