Ch. 45 The Pokemon Paradox Part 4

We finished taking care of Team Rocket. As we were rounding the goons up, one tried to run off. A well placed Water Shuriken took him out, and his cap flew off. He approached the grunt, and got a good look at him. He had strange purple hair hanging  off of his head. 

Then suddenly, he burst out laughing.

I was confused, and asked him, "Uh, Ash, is it? What's going on?"

"Oh man, it's just that...now that I remember everything, I remember this guy. He constantly tried to attack me along with his partner. Oh, man, I never thought he'd get anywhere. Haha!"

Suddenly, his laughing slowed.

"I...you better get going."

"Right, but where are you going? I mean, wasn't this all you had?"

"I've got to get Team Rocket taken care of completely. Now that I've got Charizard back, it shouldn't be much of a problem. And...there's an old friend I gotta find."

"I understand. I'll see you later."

"You better get going."

I rushed off to find the rift to get back home.

-Meanwhile, back home-

Adrian ran as fast as he could, frustrated that he was forced to hold Harper's hand, as she was now a toddler and could barely run any faster than baby could crawl.

"When Todd gets back, I am gonna-" He heard a noise behind them and quickly dived over to the side.

"Listen to me Harper, you are going to stay right here."

He smashed a car window nearby and hopped inside. He had unfortunately learned how to hot wire a car, due to some of his old friends taking a rather unfortunate route to juvie. He hadn't been involved, but that didn't stop him from learning everything he could about it.

He finally got a paper clip to activate the ignition. He thrust his foot down.

And he hit air.

"Damn this short, worthless, nine year old body." He cursed. He had realized that after the most recent time reversal, he could no longer access his pokemon form.

He made sure he had the wheels lined up, and dropped the heaviest thing he could find in the car onto the pedal. Then he jumped out.

The car slammed into the pursuing robot with a satisfying crunch. He smiled at the wreckage, until the robot stepped out of the way, and the scratches were completely restored.

"What the..." He stared at the robot as it approached him suddenly quicker. Its eyes began to glow.

"...hell."

A giant laser blasted from its eyes, devastating the terrain. Adrian sprinted as fast as he could on his 9 year old legs.

"Come on..." He grunted. He lunged out of the way just in time. He spun around, prepared to fight again in whatever way he could.

The robot disappeared before his eyes.

"Come on." He grunted. He felt a strange feeling, then a flash blinded him, and when he looked again, he was back to his regular self. "About time."

He turned to see Todd run out from the cave where the problem started. Todd smiled, before ending up with a fist in his face.

-Todd POV-

"OW!!" I cried, "what in the name of hell did you do that for?"

"Just felt like reminding you that this was your fault." He walked off.

"Oh. GREAT..."

The end of the Pokemon Paradox.