Prologue

Jennifer's P.O.V

A year ago

Just as I was about to kiss the boy that always melted my heart, my dream was interrupted by bright light that shone in the room due to the curtains being drawn. I suddenly opened my eyes that met my dad's deep grey eyes.

" Wake up sleepy head, I know you don't want to be late for school today", said dad as he sat on my bed.

I laid there for a minute staring at my dad. I haven't seen him since he had left for a business trip two days ago.

"Hey dad, how was your trip?" I asked while sitting up.

"Can't I get a hug from my beautiful daughter before am questioned?" he asked getting up from the bed.

I got up from my bed and hugged him tightly. I really missed him, not just because I was home alone for two whole days but I haven't socialised with anyone since he left.

Just as I was about to pull away I smelled the liquor on his neck. I didn't ask him about it because I know nothing I say will let him cease from his drinking habit.
"That's more like it, he said as he planted a kiss on my forehead, and my trip was ok"

I went to my closet to take out my clothes that I was going to wear to school just as my dad left my room.

I choose a skinny jeans and an oversized T-shirt which was my daily dress code for school.

I went to the bathroom, took off my clothes and stepped under the shower.

As I let the water pour over my body the recurrent dream came back to my mind. I couldn't stop thinking or dreaming about Ashton Robinson .

He was the most popular boy in school and he'd been my crush since the first week of high school and that was about three years ago.

I have a huge crush on him but he didn't know that. I don't think he ever recognized me.

No one did. I was the girl that wore the enormous glasses and spent most of my time in the library.

In fifteen minutes I was ready and in the living room. I didn't want to eat any breakfast but I had no choice.

I told dad goodbye and just as I ran down the steps to the school bus parked at the gate, I almost bumped into a odd man walking towards my gate.

He was dressed in a black business suit and wore dark glasses. He looked like an FBI agent I always saw in the movies.

"Is your dad home?" he said.
"My dad? What would he want with my dad?" I thought.

"Ye yes", I stuttered.

We were disrupted by the honking of the school bus and I ran into the bus.
As I walked down the aisle of the bus, I watched as no one decided to even look at me as everyone was busy doing their own thing.

I found an abandoned seat at the back of the bus and sat there quietly.

"Another lonely day", I thought.
______________________________________________________

All places and people mentioned in this book are all work of fiction and imagination. Please don't judge me if I've written something unpleasing just let me know as am just a beginner in writing books.