Chapter 21

'A real girl isn't perfect and a perfect girl isn't real.' source After

"Jenna, can you please get out of the bathroom? I really need to go shower."

"Can't a girl get some time in the shower?" she shouts from behind the door. She has been in the shower for more than ten minutes and she locked the door.

"If you don't get out the shower Ashton and I are gonna go over to my mother's house without you." I smile as I fold my hands around my chest feeling proud.

"You can do that. How will you shower to go there?" she crushes my ego with her words. Why didn't I remember that? Ashton walks up behind me while be buttons his white button down shirt. The sleeves of his shirt is folded at his elbow and the shirt is tight around his upper torso to show his defined muscles. He has on a blue jeans and a white converse to match his shirt and it makes him look so handsome. I don't realize that Jenna has opened the door as I continue to stare at Ashton.

"See I told you that you like my body more than Harry." I can feel the heat rushing up my cheeks as he smirks at me before licking his bottom lip.

"Get over yourself. Can you please dress Jenna and comb her hair while I get ready." He pecks me on my cheek before he guides an upset Jenna into her room. She is upset because she found the remaining cake from last night in the trash. That flavor cake is her favorite and she's upset because we wasted it.

I enter the bathroom where quickly brush my teeth and shower. I attempt to comb my hair when I get back into our room. I use the curling iron to make large curls which I let lie on my shoulders and my upper back. I apply some blush to my flushed cheeks and mascara to my eyelashes. I put on some lipstick on my lips but it doesn't seem to show much because of my red lips. I now have to find something nice to wear but I can't decide. I walk into my closet to get a pink and yellow tie and dye dress that my mom had bought me. The dress stops at my mid thigh and has a heart neckline and is tight to show my curves and a little cleavage. I put on a silver necklace with an angel pendant around my neck and put in my silver earrings. I grab my yellow flat shoes and quickly put them on before I grab my phone and run downstairs. Ashton and Jenna aren't downstairs when I get there so I go outside and close the door behind me. Ashton had already started the car so I get in the front seat and hurriedly put on my seatbelt.

I can't say how nervous I am to go see my mother's family. She invited me over this morning and texted me the address to her house while begging me to come. Ashton told me that it's a good idea to go see them as I really need to  know them.

"When can I get some breakfast?" Jenna asks after thirty minutes of silence.

"Soon Jenna, we just have about ten minutes to go." Ashton seems to know where he's going so I just leave him to get there as I lean back in my seat. He places his left hand over my right hand hand when he notices my nervousness. I immediately find comfort in his touch.

A couple minutes later we enter a gated community which is only suited for wealthy people. I feel really bad coming here and Ashton squeezes my hand when he notices my discomfort. I really don't want him to feel nervous for me because I'm trying to convince myself that I can get through with this. We park at number 5B which was the address my mom had texted me. The house seems surprisingly quiet but I can scent barbecued chicken coming from the house.

Jenna jump up out of her sulking position the moment the scent hit her nostrils. "OMG, is that food. Let me out." She screamed as if she'd never eaten before and we laughed.

Ashton came around our doors to open them for us. I slowly get out of the car and adjust my dress so it won't expose too much. Ashton locks the car and we walk towards the two storey house painted white exactly like the rest of them. We push open the gate and walk on the cobblestones up to the gate. Ashton rings the doorbell and we take a step back from the door. In less than a minute, my mother opens the door and welcomes us inside. She's wearing a really pretty summer dress with butterflies that stops at her knees. Ashton walks before me into the house followed by Jenna. I slowly walk in before my mom and gape at the masterpiece of a house before me. The living room is completely white with only red cushions on the white sofa and numerous picture frames hang on the wall. There is a picture of my mom on her wedding day with a man. The man had dark hair adds a perfect face. He looks really happy in the photo and so does my mom. I know this man made mom happy more than dad did. I don't understand how they got married and dad didn't mention divorcing mom. There is also another picture with a boy and a girl hugging each other. The girl looks familiar with her blonde hair while the boy has dark hair and he looks like his dad.