Chapter 4- Would you like to be my personal tutor?

We went downstairs to the kitchen which I must say was really huge. Ashton's mother, whose name was Michelle, place a huge banquet although there was only five of us seated at the dining table including Ashton's dad, Rafael and his sister Jenna. Jenna was really beautiful with chestnut coloured hair and was in a small white dress. So cute. Rafael showed much resemblance to Ashton.

"So Jennifer, what occupation would you like to achieve when you grow up?" asked Rafael.

"Um, I would really like to be a doctor but am not sure about trying to pursue that career because of the financial difficulties my grandmother is having",I answered.

"Why don't you try something in business I could help you there", he suggested.

"Okay I'll think about it", I said although I wasn't sure that I wanted a career in business.

"Um Jennifer, can I ask you something", Ashton asked after wiping his mouth.

"Sure", I said.

"Would you like to be my personal tutor? he asked, well just for Calculus only and we would pay you any amount you want."

I thought I was dreaming at that moment. I had to accept this offer because grandma had no money after paying for most of the damages dad left.

"Um yes, sure", I stuttered.

"That's great you can tutor me every Saturday", he said a smile now evident on his face.

I was so excited that I stopped eating my meal. Then my turned into a frown. I suddenly realized that I was going to tutor Ashton Robinson , the boy of my dreams, the boy that made my face turn into a tomato every time he spoke to me.

I saw as Jenna started looking at me weirdly.

"You are really pretty but why do you wear such huge glasses?" Jenna said.

"Um I don't know I guess am more comfortable with these glasses", I said.

"Jenna, don't ask her such a question" said Michelle as she looked a little angry.

"Sorry mom", Jenna said looking really sad.

"It fine I don't feel intimidated by her question as my mom used to ask me that after my dad bought it for me", I quickly said.

"I know that your dad got arrested by what happened to your mom?" she asked.

"My mom left us four years ago and married an Australian man." I said not enjoying the story.

"Dear, am really sorry to hear that, but if you ever need a shoulder to lean on I'll be here for you", she said as sympathy was now evident in her eyes.

"Thanks", I said.
_____________________________________________________

When I finally reached home to tell grandma of my job, I immediately became sad when I saw her sitting in the living room crying.

"Ma, what's wrong?" I said as ran to her.

"They're going to take my shop away from me, she said between tears, I owe them a lot of rent and someone offered to buy it I don't even know who. They gave me a month's notice."

"Oh ma, am sorry", I said as I also started crying.

"The really bad part is am gonna have to sell this house and move in with Carla, your aunt, but she won't be able to take you in as she's between jobs now", she said as she started to cry even harder.

I felt my world shatter into a million pieces. First my mom then my dad now grandma. Why does my life have to be filled with so much misery. My dad's house was taken from me when he was arrested and my mom doesn't want me. Where am I going to live?
_____________________________________________________
The little girl in the media is Jenna.