Chapter 12 - Being Together

We walked hand in hand to the banquet hall. Manik's black tuxedo complimented my maroon full length gown perfectly. We were one hell of a couple, we fought till no end, we were just about to make love if not intervened yet walked with each other like nothing major had happened. He fixed my earrings that had twisted a little and I straightened his bow a bit and we were ready to hit the party. The banquet was an enormously spacious hall with big round tables placed craftily for the guests with a cute little dice at the other end. It was beautifully decorated with white orchids and lilies with shimmering golden frilly curtains, the whole ambiance looked ethereal and the soft melodious music played gave it an heavenly feel. Mukti and Harshad were already there. They approached us the moment their eyes fell upon us.

"Hello Manik..I hope you are doing well", Harshad extended his hand to greet.

Manik heaved a little and closed the hand shake, "Of course...I hope you are doing good too and now that you are about to get married to my friend I hope you do better and you better do better", he grimaced a little and Harshad let out a sarcastic chuckle.

"God can you guys just behave? Harshad please you know Manik is my good friend and Manik I am getting married to Harshad so for me can you guys be a little cordial", Mukti literally folded her hands in front of the adamant souls. I squeezed Manik's arms in my grip for him to loosen up and he responded.

"Nandini you look beautiful", Harshad complimented warmly and Mukti pretended annoyance for a moment and we laughed at their already hubby wifey bickering. Manik gave me a look gesturing like we were almost a pro in it.

"Thank you Harshad and Mukti you are looking gorgeous", I admired her honestly as she was looking stunning in the blue and hue saree. I had seen Mukti dressed in Indian for the first time which definitely added to her glow.

"Soha will be really glad to know that you are coming", Harshad reminded me of his dear sister and apparently the person due to whom we knew each other.

"Oh is she here?"

"No no she is in Greece with Mom and Dad arranging for the wedding..she is in charge of the whole ceremony...she has become one excited soul and wants everything to be done perfectly under her supervision", Harshad chuckled proudly.

They led us to the party further and went ahead to attend other guests somewhat unwillingly. Mukti had to entertain his guests being the ideal would be bride. The whole marriage thing had brought in a positive change in her and I could well see that but most of it she was happy and that was most important. We spotted Cabir and Navya together at a table; they seemed too much into themselves when we disturbed them. Manik spanked him on the head and they happily made way for us to join them. I sat beside Navya and Manik joined Cabir by his side leaving two empty seats between us.

"Cabir where is Manini?", I asked anxiously not seeing her with them.

"Look for yourself", Cabir pointed at a direction and I found my baby.

She was literally walking from table to table and collecting the roses from each table. The guests occupying the table adored her and handed her the roses and pulled her chubby cheeks and she frowned at them. Some tried to hold her but she didn't give in.

"Manik please bring her back...", I asked Manik with a helpless plea

"Let her be na...she is enjoying herself...why do you have to be so bossy all the time?", but obvious Manik couldn't see his daughter being disturbed.

"Just look at her...she is fighting with that kid for the rose...its so embarrassing...please go and get her", I tried make Manik notice of her activities. Manini was almost busy in a tug of war with the rose stem with another boy of her age while the kid's parents seemed clueless who to stop.