Chapter 37 - Fighting The Odds

Am I quick or am I quick😆😆...guys thank you so much for the response on last chappy I actually wasn't expecting😙😙...der were a few complaints too which I totally respect...kuch aur time jhel looked plllaajj😄😄

Cabir stretched his arms and yawned callously and paced around with an irritated face. He stomped his foot and made faces looking at his watch.

"Ye saala kar kya raha hai andar after making me stand here like a watchman...I should have never listened to this moron...pagla gaya hai jabse Nandini se alag hua hai", he scratched his head giving himself an ultimatum before barging him.

Two more minutes passed and Cabir heaved a final sigh implicating that his patience had reached the last limit. He looked either ways and slightly pushed the door open and stuck his head inside. He saw Manik doing something with utmost concentration. He was puzzled to see Manik fiddling with the clothes rack.

"Manikkkk!!!", he yelled his name in annoyance. His sudden call shuddered Manik.

"Holy Jeez...", Manik stumbled on the rack and managed to balance himself, "WTH!!! Cabir...you idiot...you scared me like anything", Manik muttered angrily as if he wanted to chew him alive.

"Yes I am an idiot...an absolute idiot that I accompanied you to the venue of the fashion event that too at 6'O clock in the morning...I am standing there since the last half an hour cluelessly...tu kar kya raha hai?? Don't tell me you were romancing with the clothes rack", he asked with a shocked expression as if he had seen him doing strip tease.

"Cabir!!! Shut up and let's get of here first", Manik quickly hunched his bag on and yanked Cabir along with him watching his way outside. Manik shoved some money to the guard at the gate for letting them in at that hour and keeping his mouth shut about it.

"Manik will you please tell me what are we doing? Hum log event venue pe itni subah kyun aaye they? I can totally sense you are upto something but spill it out what is it? Itna suspense bardasht nahi hota mujhse", Cabir looked exasperated with all the suspense and why not. Cabir has always loved to head such scrupulous missions but here Manik had made him dangle in apprehension.

"Wait karle event tak...marr nahi jayega suspense se", Manik ignored his excitement, reversed the car and drove out.

"How I wish Mukti yaha hoti...sab kuch ugalwa leti tujhse", he sighed remembering their evil twin days and plans.

"Shut up Cabir and tell me...that design I gave you...are you ready with the dress yet", Manik enquired watching his way on the road.

"Another suspense...I m not getting main kisi aur k design pe kyun kaam kar raha hun as far as I know I am done with AURA's part for the show...Panache ka they will manage and the last the bridal showstopper dress Nandini is doing"

Manik smiled sheepishly.  He was enjoying Cabir's bewildered state. Cabir got more irritated but still couldn't extract answers from him.

***

Panache's office

I had reached the office early. There was so much to do and so much to happen. It was indeed a big day for me. A day that would mark an end to a lot of things in my life be it my job, my relationship with the city or the most important of them all; Manik. Technically speaking I had ended everything with Manik the very day I signed those separation papers. I don't know how was I going to deal with my life after this day. I had not let the feeling of loneliness sink in yet with the amount of work I had drowned myself in the past few weeks just for this one show and of course Manik was there on top of it to make things more difficult for me.