First Valentines

Okay guys so this a chotu bonus/surprise for Valentines Day..some of u requested so I thought to give one. It is a moment from the past during their happy times together.

It was our first valentines together. Manini was just a month old or so. Manik sulked like a baby when I told him I had to go to Ahmedabad to meet Nani who was not keeping well lately.

"Nandu please na...please stay back..it is our first valentines together yaar", Manik made a face and roamed behind me with little Manini in his arms while I was busy packing.

"Manik what can I do? Nani wants to see Manini since long..she couldn't come with Mom and Nanu and now that she is not keeping well I should meet her na", I tried my best to coax him while stuffing my bag with Manini's essential things.

"So do din baad chale jana na", he sulked endlessly

"No Manik...it is all set now.. why don't you come with us?", I tried to give him better options

"I can't I have a meeting", he said making a grumpy face.

I actually felt aww looking at his face. I knew every time I mentioned about going to Ahmedabad, he would just freak out like crazy but here he didn't have much of a choice. He was fond of Nani as well and understood my situation. I slowly took Manini from his arms, "Then I guess Daddy had to wait to see both his babies..hai na baby", I cradled her adorably and she blinked her eyes twice in agreement and went back to sleeping while Manik looked royally irritated, "Manik it's just one time na..we have so many valentines to come and I promise we will celebrate all of them together... now come on give me that smile of yours like a goody goody hubby...you know I can't go if you behave like that..please", I stood on my toes and kissed his chin and he let out helpless sigh.

***

In Ahmedabad

It was quite early in the morning but I had already woken up, I had hardly slept in fact. Since midnight I was waiting for Manik's call to wish me for the Valentines but he didn't and when I did he didn't take my call. I knew he was upset that I wasn't with him but I really couldn't help it this time.

Mom and Nanu had left for Surat a night before to attend a wedding of one of my relatives and Nani was resting in her room. I felt sad that I was alone on such a beautiful day but not quite I had the company of my baby. Yes she was up as well. It was a little surprising though because she wasn't an early morning species, my Kaddu didn't wake up before 10 but today she was wide awake at that hour as if she was waiting for someone.

"What happened to my baby? How come my baccha is up so early today? I know you are missing Daddy like Mommy..But Daddy is so mean he didn't call Mommy and wish..Mommy also won't talk to him", I cradled her in my arms and she cozened more, "But never mind Mommy and baccha will have a lovely day together and we will have lots of fun", I dabbed her chubby cheeks and an innocent smile spread on her lips, "Okay now this is new...Kaddu doesn't smile this much in the morning...what's cooking in this tiny head...", and she smiled wider. I could see her gums that were yapping continuously and she blinked her eyes looking at something above me. I turned around to get the best surprise of my life.

"Manik!!!", I flashed an ear to ear smile finding him in front of me. It took me a moment to realize that he was there for real.

"I cancelled all my meetings to be with both my babies", he hugged me lightly dropping a kiss on my head and then his baby. I gaped at him like a fool and smiling like an idiot. Now I knew why my baby was up early today and that smile was to welcome her Daddy dearest.

"Why didn't you wish me last night?", I still had my complains ready.

"Because I wanted to surprise you stupid", he snorted and hit his head lightly against mine, "Now come on we have to go"

"Where?", I was puzzled at his proposition.

"Time for more surprises", he nodded and winked cheekily

Yes Mr. Malhotra had planned something special for the day. We were to fly down to Phuket, spend an entire day.

"But Manik how can I go...Mom and Nanu aren't there..Nani is alone besides Manini is so small how we will go... Mom will chew me alive if she gets to know"

"Don't you worry about that..Nani is sorted..I have arranged for a nurse to take care of her for the day...she is more than happy for us and as far as your Mom is concerned then she wouldn't get to know..we will come back before she returns from Surat...I have planned everything my love", Manik spread his arms wide and declared confidently.

After a little more debating we went ahead with the plan. We reached Phuket in 5 hours. It was a beautiful island. Manik had booked an exotic shack in one of the beaches. It was so serene yet so lively. Everything on me was a gift from him, be it my elegant looking sea green dress, the pretty neck piece, the beautiful bracelet or the delicate ear bobs or most important of all his baby in my arms.

Manik led me to the only table that was there and took my hands into his lending a soft kiss on them, "Manik all this is so beautiful..thank you...none ever would have done this for me"

"Why anyone else would do when I am there", he said with a subtle smile and raising a toast,"...lets have a dance wifey", I smiled and slid my hand into his. My baby looked at her parents tilting her head sideways from her cute little cradle that Manik had specially designed for her while they matched their steps to the soft music playing in the background. Manik got a little disturbed to see a long expression on my face and he insisted the reason

"I am sorry...you did so much and I don't have any gift for you...I am such a bad wife", I confessed softly looking downwards and he just smiled adorably and dashed his head against mine.

"Ay don't you dare say that about my wife..you have already given me the most precious gift and nothing can match that ever", while I looked a little confused he led me to shift my glance at the cradle where my baby had slept off peacefully. I slowly moved back my gaze at him as he locked my sight in his eyes intently. I slid my hands around his neck and he bent down to take my lips in for a soulful kiss.

Do tell me guys how was it :))