Chapter 30 - Starting Afresh

I lightly caressed his wound and he jolted a bit in sleep. He had kept it open and not bothered to treat it. Had it been me or Manini he would have turned the whole city up and down but when it was him, he wasn't even concerned. I huffed at his carelessness and got the ointment and applied it with light brushes being careful not to disturb his sleep besides I didn't want him to get up and throw me out of our room.

But I didn't need to worry much, he was sleeping pretty deep as if he slept after ages. Last few days had been awfully draining for him and me ad well. I too needed that solace and peace and what better than his warmth. I arranged his hand properly and made that my pillow and wrapped the other over my waist being careful not to hurt it any further and placed my head on his chest. Now I was comfortable in his embrace, cocooned in his love. He dragged long whisks of breath and my head moved in a momentum along with his heart.

"Can you please pass on the message to your master that I am sorry...he doesn't listen when he is awake", I had no qualms in admitting that I had lost it too because now I was talking to his heart that was throbbing harder at my touch, "Please tell him I want to be with him...I will always be there for him...I won't leave him ever..I will not trouble him...I won't fight with him... Nandini promise!!.. I was just angry and gusse mein sab ulta pulta bol diya...yes but see even that wasn't my fault...your master he made me do that...all thanks to him that I borrowed his horrible temper and why not I am his counter part right...but you can tell him na that I am sorry", I dragged a whiff of breath and pursed my lips to complain, "Mera sara gussa usne apne clients pe nikal diya... lo ab ye bhi koi baat hai mujhse gussa hai toh mujhse lade but no he just needs to torture himself...fine I will never fight with him again...I won't stay away from him...I will do whatever he wants but please ask him not to hurt himself...I can't see him like this", I mewed in soft murmurs to his heart and dropped kisses on it. Manik cozened more gripping me tighter in his hold and I snuggled into him.

"And yes most importantly tell him that I love him..I always did and will always do", I raised my head and kissed his chin and closed my eyes for the night.

***

It was morning finally after a what seemed like a long long dark night. Gosh!!! It was so difficult to wake up after such a beautiful sleep. I literally hated these mornings that ruined my sleep. I rubbed my nose with my eyes still shut, there was his fragrance all over me which meant I was still lying under him pretty comfortably, just the feeling of him being close was so blissful, my lips stretched into a sweet morning smile which of course flew out of the window as soon as I besotted my eyes with the view... I mean my monster.

Manik was wide awake, he was lying beside me resting on his elbow and was probably waiting for me to wake up from my fairy tale sleep. I rubbed my eyes to get over the drool and see his face properly, his nostrils flared and I could sense he was gritting his jaws together.

Shit!!! The monster was awake!! And his face said that he wasn't very pleased that I was sleeping with him. He was frowning like the angry bird.

"What are you doing here? In MY room", Manik asked grimly trying to make me notice that I was still lying on his hand but I was too busy gawking at his face that realising that I had almost paralysed his hand.

"Wo...main wo...I mean...I was", I stuttered like I was caught sleeping with someone else's husband.

Manik made faces while struggling to free his hand,"How dumb are you? Aaawww my hand", he jerked it under my head and I immediately got up with a jolt.

Manik massaged his hand to ease the pain. Well on a different occasion I would have considered saying sorry for almost murdering his hand but right now I had to come up with a good excuse of sleeping beside him.