Chapter 14 - Out of Bounds

I had almost expected what I saw when I opened my eyes in the morning. Yes today he was sleeping beside me but I was a little surprised to see that he wasn't grabbing me like a bag of goodies, his arm was loosely placed over me and his face was shoved under the pillow. Good gracious he wasn't all over me may be he was a little considerate towards my injury but still why on earth he was sleeping beside me when we had clearly decided otherwise.

Nandini such a confused soul you are!! Should I remind you of the smile that you had when you saw him sleeping beside you but the very next moment you have to act all bizarre.

Oh please I wasn't smiling okay

Really!!!Manik is right you shouldn't be lying when you are pathetic at it.

I was busy in my self talk when he groaned a little and I was zapped out of my thoughts and composed myself a bit. I felt a strong catch around my neck as I attempted to get up besides there was something that stopped me. I tried to locate the source of restriction and then found it. Holy crap!! My hand was tied to the bed post. Manik had to be the insanest creature in the whole world. What a way he had chalked out so that I wouldn't hurt my hand. I felt like sexually lured women cuffed on the bed. Shit!! it almost gave me that feel from the highly explicit English films.

"Manik!!! Get up", I pushed and slapped him with my other hand while he moaned comfortably, "Manik utho pleaseee", I pushed him hard without caring he might fall as well.

"Nandu what yaar sone bhi nahi deti tum", he grumbled and sat up rubbing his eyes. When he managed to see me in full focus he found me huffing like an angry bull and his eyes went up at my tied hand, "Oh sorry", he jumped over me to reach my other side and released it before I decided to kill him single handedly. I massaged my nape to ease the pain.

"You are such an idiot Manik...aaise koi karta hai kya?"

"Arey you would have hurt it again otherwise...hadh hai you should be thanking me instead."

"Yeah right!!!...and what the hell were you doing on the bed? I had told you na you will be sleeping on the couch"

"I can't sleep there...its too short..I get cramps", he complained in a more nagging tone.

I rolled my eyes at his silly complaints which were true though taking his length into consideration. I was about to blast him when suddenly my eyes fell upon my baby on the couch.

"Haww Manik you made her sleep on the couch...you are impossible...gir jati toh", I drew the blanket aside and hurried to the couch while Manik stood dumbstruck.

"Shit!! How did she get there? I swear I made her sleep in between us", Manik pinched on his neck to vouch.

I checked her face if she was alright. My poor baby had curled into a ball on the couch without anything to wrap on her. She mewed to my touch and I tried picking her up. Manik stopped me and took her in his arms and got her to the bed.

"Shit!! She is cold", Manik checked her forehead and hands and covered her in the duvet and massaged her hands and feet to make them warm.

I almost felt like crying seeing her like that. I was such an irresponsible mother. I slept on the bed comfortably while my baby suffered alone on the couch. I cursed myself for being so negligent to her. As such due to my injury I was hardly able to spend time with her the previous day. Manik had not even let her come close to me. I had not fed her, had not made her sleep, I felt so guilty seeing her like that. Manik looked at me, tears had already welled up at the bay. He knew how much it disturbed me to stay away from her.