Chapter 22 - And The Ex's Make Love

"Hold me properly or you will fall..I am loosening my hand for a bit", Manik spoke softly as I lifted my head from his chest to look at him and the surroundings. We were outside our room. I clutched him tighter as he put one of his hands to some use other than carrying me. I could have easily come down and stood on my own but I just wanted to pester him in whatever way I could.

"I want my baby...I want to see Kaddu", I nagged in his arms admist sniffling.

"I have checked on her..she is sleeping peacefully..dont worry... besides it pretty late now...kal subah mil lena", he made sure he didn't sound like he was deliberately trying to keep her away from me and I didn't argue.

Manik managed me in his arms like walking on a tight rope and somehow opened the door and we stepped inside. He looked at me to know if I even intended to get down from his arms and I just stared at him with soggy eyes.

"What do you want to do? Change first and then...or just...", he shot an open ended question at me which seemed more like a proposition. He huffed in a lungful sigh as I looked at him blankly whimpering in equal intervals and in a rhythm. "I think you need my help", he proposed once again and waited for my response and when I didn't. He slowly began by himself. He brushed the messy hair off my face and used the towel to dry my hair. He was tender and careful while doing that. A voice in me constantly banged my inner self to stop him but I just managed to stare at him defenselessly. After he was done drying my hair he proceeded towards my clothes. Of course he couldn't see that even he was drenched but first he had to get rid of my clothes. He swiftly unzipped my top and dragged it down one of my shoulders while his fingers felt my skin more than necessary.

"I don't need your help", I just moved my lips with my voice hardly supporting it that too without any further action to stop him but he hardly paid attention to my words as he was too engrossed gaping at my bare flushed skin now which communicated in a language of their own to his touches.

"I said stop", I reinstated with a firmer tone and this time he got the hint and looked back into my soggy eyes that had swollen like raspberries now.

"What happened? Listen Nandini we can argue later..right now you need to change into dry clothes."

"Why do you have to pretend Manik that you care for me?", I was trying to hold on to my broken voice.

"Gosh!! I thought we were over and done with that discussion", he brushed my complaints and pulled the top over my head. I was sobbing and complaining but not fighting. I had run out of all my energy and I couldn't push myself to fight more and he saw that. It irritated me more that he was sick of our problems. I went into the whining mode now.

"Listen I can manage on my own okay...you don't have to worry...you go to that vixen...she must be missing you...you guys have such a big day coming up and I don't want to be spoil sport", I tried to take the towel from his hand but he didn't let me.

"Vixen...who Rewa?, he snorted loudly at the variety of names I gave to Rewa, "...and what big day are you talking about", he asked inattentively while dabbing my body dry with the towel.

"Don't pretend...I know you are meeting her Dad and Mukti and Harshad's to take your relationship one step ahead", I made a face and taunted him.

"What????", Manik gave out an expression as if I had fed him a mouthful of earthworms.

"Don't even think of lying okay...I was right there when she told you the other day and you got so excited that you hugged her instantly without thinking how much it would hurt me", I had conveniently surpassed Manini's limit in nagging.