Chapter 27 - The Dilemma

I opened my eyes when I felt a soft touch on my cheeks. His was the most desired face that I wanted to wake up looking at, every single day of my life. I read the lines of worries on his face and he traced the dried tears on my cheeks.

"Good Morning", he whispered softly pecking me the lips while I was still busy gulping every sight of his that I could, "Nandu were you crying last night?", he asked caressing the puffiness under my eyes. I nodded my head in a no with tears forming again.

"I am sorry..I left the party like that..wo I was a little tired na so", I lowered my eyes to think of something so that Manik didn't peer in more, "Umm...where is Kaddu?", I looked around on the bed to not find her. Manik smiled and gestured me to take the blanket off. I peeled it off to see her cozily stuffing into me. She got inside me more to feel warmer.

"Ay my bacchha..wake up now..ohkay my princess seems to be tired after all the dancing last night", Manik picked the sleepy baby and nuzzled into her and I sat up looking at the blissful view.

"Daddy", she squeaked in his chest rubbing her eyes. She didn't want to wake up just as yet and Manik had to just do the same. Manik irritated her for morning kisses while she was busy trying to catch her sleep. They were adorable together as they cuddled into each other giggling mindlessly.

It made my heart skip a beat thinking that again I would have to again keep them away from each other even if it was for 2 months. I had spent the whole night thinking what to do. Cabir had strictly asked me to keep it to myself but I really didn't know how I would manage with Manik hovering around me 24*7. I so wanted to tell everything to Manik, open my heart to him. It appeared to be the best option. I will somehow convince him and may be Manik would have a better idea as a solution but what if he didn't approve? What if he blasted at Rewa again? What if he decided to give up everything for us? These what if's were surely going to be my death someday. And knowing Manik it wasn't that difficult a proposition too, he was the same man who had kept everything at stake just to have a girl who was carrying his baby back in his life.

I was still in my thoughts when Manini squirmed out of her Daddy's hold and hopped into my lap. She made faces looking at the heena in my hand.

"Mommy...ehhhsshhh wolms", she poked her finger in the design to see if they moved. The intricate mehendi design on my palm looked like worms to her, wriggling all over. She made panic stricken face looking at the sorry state of my hands.

Even at that tensed situation my baby never failed to make me smile, "These aren't worms baby...the paste that Mukku aunty was applying yesterday..this is that..when you dry and wash it...it looks like this", she listened to me carefully and looked at her own palms that she had used on Rose. She had a whole orangish patch on her palms. Initially she was amused to see it but when she smelled it she got an odd typical heena odor.

"Mommy its blahhh!!!", she distorted her face sticking her tongue out. Manik laughed looking at her face as she constantly tried to get it off her hands but couldn't.

"This is what happens when you trouble others", Manik laughed heartily looking at her cute faces.

I found my phone buzzing. Thankfully it was Navya and not Cabir. I couldn't handle anymore panic attacks early in the morning. But then Navya was no less, she freaked like a maniac because I was late again, she got ideas may be I was romancing Manik behind the closed door. It was haldi that day but with the mess going on in my own life I was hardly able to share Mukti's happiness. I knew she would be upset but voiced none. It was only 2 more days to go and I could surely manage it.

***

I was getting ready for the ceremony when I glanced the same pair of eyes devouring me in a constant gaze.