Chapter 36 - Pen-Ultimated

Lo lo ji main aa gayi...2-3 months baad😜😜 but aa gayi atleast😆 bas marna mat update padh k 😛

If there was one thing I hated about Manik then it would be him listening to me when I clearly didn't want him to. I know one could call this a stupid statement but then that was that. Manik had left without a question. I paced around the room waiting for him. I knew he would come back, he had promised to not leave me alone ever and he was a man of his words. But my wait wasnt answered, he didnt come back. Haunting  nights turned to insipid mornings and led to lonely evenings but my man just tormented me with his absence.

It was more than a day now and I had all the reasons to be worried. I rested the battle within me and grabbed my phone and called Manik for the first time since he was gone. Honestly I didnt have the guts to talk to him. Infact I had skipped office too so that I wouldn't need to face him. The ring went on but as expected he didn't answer. I tried again but the response was the same and now I was getting tensed.

Where is he? What is he doing? Was he in some kind of a problem? Did he do something stupid? He was totally capable of behaving stupid. These questions racked my senses. Shit I shouldn't have spoken to him at that hour. God please let him be fine.  I immediately tried the next best option - Cabir

"Hi..Cabir...Is Manik there with you? Please please please Cabir please tell me he is with you...mera phone nahi utha raha hai...pata nahi kaha chala gaya hai", I slurred without giving him a moment to say the customary hello.

"Nandini Nandini calm down first...what's wrong"

"Manik...Manik...", my voice went weaker with all the odd thoughts.

"Umm...relax..don't worry relax...he is there with me...yes he is fine..he is sleeping now...",Cabir paused for me to react. He knew I might have had objections that he knew about Manik but still chose to keep me oblivious about it but how could I hold anyone else responsible for the crack between us, " Actually I had guessed that it must be something relating to you...Manik  looked disturbed and I thought it was best to not bug him with questions just now but don't worry I will talk to him", he assured me. I couldn't say anything more. I was relieved atleast he was in good company, with Cabir around I could relax about Manik. But my share of complaints against my man was never ending.

"Idiot...moron..monkey...rhino...here I couldn't get a wink of sleep from the last two nights and he is sleeping peacefully...I hate him...I hate him...I hate him", I thwarted the phone onto the floor and thumped on the bed sobbing.

****

Neerja Mom paced around the living room clasping both her hands behind her back. Her stance was enough to signify that she was very upset. I sat on the sofa with my head hung down like a culprit. She stopped and looked straight in my direction with dejection beholding her eyes.

"So you just proved me wrong...", she spoke after something like an eternity but it was just the start , "I had always believed you are the more sensible one of the two but you just proved me so wrong and how..", her tone said how disappointed she was in me. She paused for a while for me to say something. My silence was making her lose it more , "Kyun kia tumne aaise Nandini bologi kuch...just when I was hoping that things are going to be okay from now on you go ahead and do something as stupid as this and ruin the entire thing...kya zaroorat thi tumhe Manik se woh sab bolne ki...you know right how possessive he is about you and Manini...I know he acts stupid at times but that's because he goes crazy whenever he feels like he would lose you..you know everything...everything  but still you keep testing him...Why??"

I was grunting from inside. Hell even I didn't know why I said those things to him. It was nowhere I wanted him to leave but then Mr. Malhotra had to always contradict me, "Usse kya zaroorat thi meri baat sunne ki...waise toh kabhi nahi sunta whenever I want him to", I grumbled under my breath.