Chapter 23 - The Good Days

I wasn't really amazed but I was meeting that smile on my lips after a long long time. I didn't need to open my eyes to be sure that it was indeed a good morning in fact the mark for beginning of good days too. Strangely I wasn't feeling the warmth around me, the ones I felt when I slept with Manik because every single time he makes sure that I am wrapped like a cozy little pillow in the bindings of his arms. I didn't feel that secured and enveloped in his limits. I slowly parted my eyelids to not see Manik, a hasty jerk in my head and my eyes fell a little below. It was awww. Manik was snuggling into me; he had coiled into half his size, his hands folded to his chest and face buried in mine. I grinned like a fool at the beautiful sight that my eyes beheld. He was indeed my first baby who cozened into me enjoying my warmth just like a baby.

It was a little unlike the usual Manik who always had his defenses up even in sleep. He never forgot to mark his territory over me or his daughter and we be grabbed like goodies by him but today his posture reflected how much of love and affection he was in need of as well. He had missed me and this just showed how.

I ruffled his hair lightly and gave a light peck on his head, he groaned and pushed into me more and I laughed heartily covering my mouth because I knew what havoc he could wreck if he woke up and saw me like that. Okay that was enough for the time being, my other baby, the little one needed me too and a teeny weeny bit more. I hadn't seen her for a whole day, impossible it may sound but I was away from her for a whole day. I quickly got up draping myself with a bed sheet and changed into casuals. Manik was still sleeping and thank god for that or I exactly know how much considerate he would have been towards me otherwise. I gave him a quick peck and left to see Manini.

***

"Whel ishh my Mommy?", with that cutely adorable face of hers she still managed to look angry when she charged the nurse asking about me, standing on the bed with her hands on her hips. The nurse made futile attempts to make her sit and check if she had fever. But my baby was way too difficult for anyone else to handle and so I lightly pushed the door and came in and the moment she saw me a big bright smile danced on her face.

"Mommyyy", she squeaked loudly without a dash of chirpiness missing.

"Mommy is here baby...I am shoo sorry I thought my Kaddu is still sleeping and I should not disturb her", she had already raised her hands and I just had to take a step and close the hug. It felt like bliss to her back in my arms and my embrace. I breathed at normal pace to see her being fine.

She mumbled relentlessly and why not, her mouth along with her had rested for more than a day and it was just too much of quietness for her and she had to compensate for all of that. I thanked god that the trauma hadn't affected her much and my baby was just herself and then the doctor walked in along with Mititn. I made Manini sit quietly on my lap so that the Doctor could check her up and finally he declared she was fine and her reports were normal as well. We just had to be a little careful about her diet and medicines. Mitin handed her the balloons and teddies he had got for her and she thanked in return smiling wide. The Doctor and Mitin excused themselves and the nurse too made her exit to get some food for Manini.

***

Meanwhile Manik had woken up and he looked around like a crazy bull to not find me. He quickly set out knowing where I could be, on the way he met the Doctor and he assured Manik about Manini's well being, excitedly he squeezed his bones for a hug making the Doctor cough and choke and rushed to us. Manik's eyes melted to see his Princess hopping on the bed with his back towards him. He gestured me and tip toed in and quietly picked her up from behind.

"Daddyyy", and she didn't need to see to know who it was. She flipped in his arms and Manik showered her with kisses. He had missed her bad and had almost died to see her like that, the glow in his eyes said he was happy to have both of us back and now he didn't want me to feel left out. He led Manini back to my arms and without a warning pressed his lips on my cheek for a good morning kiss. My eyes bulged out when I sensed him preparing for a smooch as well and almost like a reflex action my hands swiftly covered his mouth. Manini giggled and Manik frowned to have been cock-blocked. He was one unabashed soul in true sense, he had to show that we were sorted now and what better than kisses as such he could never get enough of it and he hardly took efforts to think that apparently his 4 year daughter was viewing his overtly affectionate side with his wife. The nurse came in with Manini's food and medicine.