06: Jenna Johnson Was Your First

Gif: Nick Robinson as Ashton Parker

Dedication to LamePuppy for being my very first actual reader and for voting and commenting :) x

Oh, and sorry if the Spanish words are wrong because I'm not fluent in Spanish (:

Feel free to correct me if I make mistakes, thanks!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I was woken up by a loud sound of drums and guitar.

I reluctantly got out of my bed and went to see what had interrupted my nap. I glanced at the clock, which read 5:20 p.m.

Yes, I still take naps sometimes. I'm really exhausted from school today.

Since the drums and other music instruments were located down on the basement, I decided to go there.

I knocked on the door and came in.

"What is with all the-," I said, looking at my surroundings. Carson was holding a guitar, then the keyboardist whose name I still forgot, and perhaps a new member because I've never seen him with the band before even though he looked really familiar. "Oh, sorry. I just came here to check what happened because you woke me up. I'm sorry, I'll leave."

"Sorry for waking you up, but can you stay for awhile?" Ashton apologised and asked as I was about to reach the doorknob. "I want to hear your feedback. We're going to perform in Typical Café this Friday."

"Yeah, sure," I said as I took a seat.

"Okay, so for the intro I'm going to start first, then Katie, and then Luke," Ashton instructed. "Then Carson will start singing and play the guitar. Got it?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It was actually really amusing to watch them play, and it's even more amusing if one makes a mistake.

Carson would either mess up the lyrics when he forgot or he curses out loud.

Katie would giggle whenever Carson messes up the lyrics or she would shake her head whenever she presses the wrong note.

If Ashton, he was really focused and I didn't really hear any mistakes in his playing.

As for Luke, whenever we make an eye contact, he would shoot a smirk at me and I would roll my eyes.

"Fourth and final song complete," Ashton said as he fist pumped in the air. "So Anna, what do you think?"

Before I was able to comment, Ashton said, "No sarcastic remarks please."

"Sure," I chuckled. "It was okay, nice, great. But well, if you make a mistake, try not to show it. Sometimes people don't realise that you make a mistake if you don't show it."

"Yes, Sir," Carson said as he mockingly saluted me.

"I'm going to go out for awhile," I excused myself before getting out of the room.

"Hey Anna, you're awake," my mom smiled when I got into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I was woken up by the band downstairs and I watched them play," I said, taking out a can of soda from the refrigerator. "Where are James and Dad?"

"James is upstairs doing his homework, and your dad isn't coming home yet; he'll be going home at 7 today," she answered.

I just nodded in response.