14: Make Her Wear a Potato Costume

"Where's Mom?" I asked Ashton and James as I went to the kitchen to make some toasts.

Ashton looked at me and said something with his mouth full. "Smhes smhell smephin'."

"Huh?" I asked, not being to able to understand what he said.

"He said," James started as he finished his milk, "she's still sleeping."

I looked at Ashton, and he nodded his head.

"So who's going to take us to school?" I asked him.

Mom's the one who always sends us to school, because well, I still can't drive, thus no driver's licence, and Ashton probably hasn't got his driver's license yet.

"I am," he said proudly, taking my mom's keys, trying to toss it in the air and catch it, but he failed.

It fell on his face, probably bruising both his face and pride.

James started laughing loudly, and I tried my best to shush him because Mom's still asleep.

"You've got your license?" I asked, not believing his words after James managed to lower down his voice.

Ashton nodded his head with a wide smile plastered on his lips. "When?"

"I did it while ago when you went out with Michelle, I think," he said as he shrugged. "Surprise!"

"Yay, finally," I said, clapping my hands while rolling my eyes.

He smirked at me as he looked at my toast. "Hurry up and finish your toast, I can't wait to drive."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Hey," I heard Nate's voice greet me as I was taking my books out from my locker.

I looked up from the locker and I was greeted by his grin. "What's up?"

Without any reply, he hugged me. "I heard that you and Michelle got back on good terms."

"Yeah, we've apologized to each other," I said, smiling against his neck.

He's 5'8, and I'm 5'6, so the difference isn't too much.

He squeezed me tighter, probably cutting off my blood circulation.

"That's great!" he exclaimed. "We could hang out together again!"

I mirrored his expressions. "Of course!"

My eyes scanned the crowd to find Michelle, but she's nowhere to be seen. "Where's Michelle?"

"Hm," he said, trying to search for her, "I'm not sure."

I rechecked if everything I need is already in my bag, and I heard Nate asking me, "Want to walk to class together?"

After I slammed the locker shut and locked it, I smiled at him and nodded. "Yeah, sure. We're going to the same class anyway."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Classes passed very quickly, and soon, I found myself sitting in the cafeteria, waiting for Nate and Michelle to come and join me.

It's been twelve minutes since I've sat in here, and there are no signs of them.

When I exited History class, Michelle told me to save her and Nate a table, and she scurried off to God knows where.

Another minute passed, and I finally saw them both walking in my direction with a tray on their hands.