18: Apology Accepted

this chapter is dedicated to everyone who's been faithfully waiting for the new chapter :) x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It doesn't look like the one I've just seen in the previous room.

It was a bit smaller than the teacher's room, but this is way better than that room. This was like an exclusive lounge room. There were many couches scattered around the room.

I was stunned by the room. Maybe this was the reason why us, students, are prohibited from entering the room.

There were varieties of drinks set on a large table, and beside it was a huge plasma TV, complete with the surround sound system and a DVD/Blu-Ray player.

I wonder what and when do the teachers watch or do in here.

"You said there was a vending machine?" I said instead, scanning the room for signs of vending machines.

He looked at me and said, "When did I tell you that?"

He was right; he didn't say that. "But you shrugged."

Grabbing two cans of soda, he turned back to me. "Well now that we're here, why don't you grab a drink?"

He walked towards the door, and I called out to him. "I don't really drink soda."

"Then don't take the soda," he replied nonchalantly, looking at the rack of DVD/Blu-Ray CDs.

My face heated, realizing that he didn't intend to take that soda for me. What a jerk, he took two cans just for himself.

Let's see . . . there's Ginger Ale, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Pepsi, two bottles of Jack Daniels— wait what?

Well, it's a teachers' lounge room, what'd you expect?

After years of choosing, I finally settled with an apple juice.

I turned to see Luke once again typing away on his phone. "Took you long enough," he said, glancing at me.

"You could just leave the room and not wait for me," I muttered under my breath, but I guess he heard it.

"Yeah, then you'll get caught and the principal will get ballistic," he shot back, standing up straighter and grabbing the two cans of sodas, getting ready to leave the room.

Rolling my eyes even though I knew he was right, I followed him and got out of the teacher's lounge.

I patiently waited for him as he locked the door and double checked it.

Turning back to me, he began to walk, and I followed him.

The sound of our footsteps and the jiggling keys were the only sounds that was heard.

"Go to the music room, I'll go to the office myself," he said to me, breaking the silence.

"Okay," I said, parting ways with him.

As I walked towards the music room, he called out. "Wait."

Halting my heels, I turned back and saw him standing there. "What?" I asked rather kindly. Not.