20: You're Cuter, Don't Worry

No way. I can't believe it.

No effing way.

Nate Austin and Michelle Hayes, holding each other's hands as they walked through the crowds, animatedly talking to each other.

Realization hit me like a truck.

"That's what friends are for, right?" I said, looking at the both of them.

"Friends? Uh, yeah," he said before grinning.

"I'm sorry from taking Nate from you."

I thought she apologized just because of our argument, Nate couldn't spend too much time with me, but it turned out that it was because they're . . . together.

Questions were swirling in my mind like a typhoon. My eyes made an eye contact with Michelle, and her eyes widened.

Dropping their hands from each other, both of them alertly walked to me.

Both of their cheeks looked flushed, and they stayed silent when they approached me.

"You—" no words came out of my mouth. "How—"

"Look," Nate sighed, "we're sorry for not telling you sooner. We promise it won't effect our friendship."

He looked at Michelle, and she nodded at me, her eyes were fixed on me.

Then, I exploded, which caused them to jump in shock. "Well, then I'm happy for you both! Nate, if you hurt Chelle, I'll hurt you too. Chelle, if you hurt Nate, I'll . . . probably hurt you too. I don't care if you're my friends, but if that happens, I'll hurt either one of you."

"Yes, Sir," Nate saluted. "You sound like Maria when we first told her."

Michelle laughed. "Yes, Mother. I'm so sorry for not telling you sooner."

I also laughed, despite the mixed emotions I have inside. Let's just hope nothing bad will happen from this outcome.

"Come on, let's find a place to eat," Nate said, grabbing Michelle and I by the shoulder. "I'm starving."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"So, how long have you been together?" I asked to the both of them.

We've settled down in a steak house inside the mall. I've been here for a few times, and it has the best tenderloin steak that I've ever had. The place was not too bad either; it'd been better if there were less people here.

"I think it'll be almost for two weeks," Nate said with his mouth full. Michelle rolled her eyes as always whenever he starts talking when his mouth full.

At least this hasn't changed.

"So that means when we made up in that café," I said, referring to Michelle, "you were already together?"

She gulped her food down, and nodded. The puzzles in my mind were clicked and matched. "When the Jason guy asked you out, you rejected him because you're already with Nate?"

Nate's head snapped to the both of us when I mentioned about the encounter we, I meant, Michelle had. "Who's this Jason guy?" he asked suspiciously, narrowing his eyes at the both of us, most probably joking.

I looked at Michelle, who nodded at me, as if she was giving me permission to tell him.

"About a week ago, remember when I told you I was going to meet her?" I started, and he nodded his head. "She came, and well there was this 'cute' guy working there—"