33: Why Would I Be?

"Should I be worried?" I said as soon as we got out of the car, going inside McDonald's.

He looked at me with his cerulean eyes and grinned. "Maybe you should," he agreed, nodding his head as we walked towards the counter. "Are you coming or not?"

"What would I do if I'm not coming?" I replied.

"Feel free to walk home," he said as he entered the store, holding the door for me as he saw me entering with him. "Knew you couldn't resist me."

"Oh, you know better," I said, going to the counter and placed my order. "You're the one who can't resist me since you took me here."

He didn't get to answer as it was his turn to say his orders. "I'm hungry," he said and I was pretty sure that's not the main reasons as if he really did not want me here, he would have dropped me home first and then come back. But then again, I did not really know him that well, so who knows he was just too lazy to do so.

Without an answer from me, I just followed him to a booth with a tray full of chicken nuggets and fries. He sat in front of me as he took one piece of his french fry and took out his phone, typing something with one hand.

I felt a little awkward as we were both quietly eating our food and I wasn't sure of what kind of conversation I should bring up because we don't really get along with each other that well.

He looked up from his food slash phone and looked at me. "Are you into Carson?"

I nearly choked on my nugget. "What?"

"Are you?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Just wondering. I see the way you look at him sometimes," he said and I was surprised.

"You look at me sometimes?" I asked slowly, purposely teasing him.

This was the first time I have ever seen Luke Cooper squirm in his seat. "That's not the point."

I laughed at how he looked shy for a second before putting back his usual expression. "Wait," I said as I put a fry down. "Are you into me?"

"Why would I be?" Ouch, that was quite harsh. He smirked at me and shot back a question. How can he recover that quickly? "What makes you think I'm into you?"

Once again, he left me speechless. "I-" honestly, I'm not the type to brag if somebody likes me or not, so this is a difficult question. "I just think so."

He looked at me with an unsure look in his eyes, but he let the topic go and we were back onto bantering the rest of the night. I'd hate to admit it, but it was fun.

As he let stopped in front of my house, I opened the door to get out of his car and he said, "You are into Carson."

I slammed the door, wishing that it'd slammed onto his face instead.

"Luke took you out on a date?" was the first thing my dear brother, Ashton, said as I got home.

"He took me out on a romantic date, telling me about how he was planning to murder you," I answered and he looked horrified before the both of us started laughing together.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I heard my phone buzzed on my desk and when I reached it to see who messaged, it was Carson. Without realizing, I found myself glancing at the window in his room's direction. I could see him standing outside his room looking at his phone before gazing on my balcony.

Carson: Are you asleep?

Me: No, why?

I was already dressed in a plain, long sleeved shirt and dark, warm pants. I tried to sleep, but my mind kept going on the scene where Luke took me to McDonald's.