17: Why Should I Care?

This chapter is dedicated to lucferase !
Her story, Loving Mayhem is very entertaining and well written! You should check her story out ❤️

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Are you going to just stand there all day, or what?" Luke asked with an annoyed look on his face.

He's not the only one that's annoyed in here.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "Where is Katie?"

"Your brother sure never forgets to tell the details," he muttered under his breath sarcastically, but I still managed to catch what he said.

My body froze as I realization struck me.

Ashton, that son of a gun. Of course he purposely didn't tell me, because if he did, he knew that I was straight up going to say no.

"Why you?" I asked, also internally confused at the sudden change of my heartbeat.

"She said she had to go to work today," he shrugged. "There was an abrupt change of schedule."

"Okay," I sighed once again as I dropped my bag on the floor. "Carson can't play the keyboard?"

"He is horrible at memorizing the chords of the keyboard," he bluntly said, making me feel a little flabbergasted by his bluntness. "He said it took him months to memorize even the simple chords on the guitar," he muttered.

"Oh," was all I said. "You could play the piano, bass, and keyboard?"

"The piano and keyboard are basically the same thing, dahling," he said, smirking at me, exaggerating the word 'darling' in a posh, British accent. As usual, I rolled my eyes at him.

"So," I said, adverting my eyes to the keyboard, "are we going to start or what?"

"Of course," he told me. "The first thing you want to do is to stand by the keyboard, or sit down for now."

I stood by the keyboard, and glanced at him, who was now standing beside me. "Then, what now?"

"This next step is the hardest one of all," he said with a serious tone.

"Which is?" I asked, feeling a bit nervous of what is this 'hardest step.'

"Turn on the keyboard."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You've memorized two out of the five songs. You're not too bad," he said in a tone that makes me question whether he was joking or not.

"Thanks," I said, glancing at the clock, which indicated that it was four thirty-six.

We've spent one and a half hour in here, only the both of us, and to be frankly honest, it wasn't that bad.

Okay, it wasn't bad at all. It was actually fun, despite his blunt retorts. I've learnt different types of chords and songs, and turns out playing the keyboard isn't that hard after all. The chords were honestly pretty easy.

Luke is a good teacher and I have to admit that. I quickly caught on to what he was saying, and I think he was pleased with the outcome.

"Let's take a break," he said, getting up from his seat.

I've decided that halfway through the practice that I'd rather sit down for now.

"How long?" I questioned, also getting up from my seat.