21: I'll Be A Little Late

Do you know the feeling when you're too nervous and anxious to do anything and when you want to do something, you feel like throwing up?

That's how I'm feeling right now. This will be the first time for me to perform as a band. If I mess up, it'll effect the other members and it'll effect the performance badly.

It's half an hour to our performance, and we've been practising for nearly three hours. I didn't know that Ashton could be very strict. Whenever one of us made mistakes for more than twice, he'd make us repeat until we're pretty much perfect.

Thanks to me, we had to repeat a few times more than usual. Carson, and surprisingly even Luke, reassured me because they knew that it's my first time, but I felt bad for them. They must be exhausted, or at least I was.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine," Michelle said, sighing as she hugged me. "You're worrying too much. You'll only be performing to a few people, not millions."

A beep was heard from both Michelle and I's phone at the same time. It was from Nate to our group chat.

Hey guys, sorry I'll be a little late. Good luck Anna!

I saw Michelle frown at his text. "What's wrong, Chelle?" I asked, putting a hand on her shoulder. I also felt a little disappointed, but it's not that I could do anything.

"He's also supposed to be here to support and comfort you," she said, slightly shaking her head. "He didn't even tell us why."

I gave her a small smile. "It's fine, really." She returned back a smile to me.

Soon, Carson came to our table and flashed a smile. "Sorry to interrupt, but Anna needs to come and get ready for or performance."

Michelle's face lit up at his words, nodded and motioned me to go. "Good luck! I'll be right here," she said with her fingers crossed.

I nodded and crossed my fingers too.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Surprisingly, we're now half-way to finishing our performance today, and so far, I've only made seven mistakes, only.

Michelle was sitting on the counter alone, holding her phone and waving at me. She would sometimes cheer at me loudly and obnoxiously take pictures and videos of me performing. Isn't she such a friend goal? Not. She's one of the reasons why I made mistakes. She distracted me with her obnoxious photo clicks.

I glared at her as she wouldn't stop taking pictures of me. She's more like my mom than my actual mom.

Somewhere nearing the end of our second last song, I saw someone who seemed to be like Nate rushing into the cafe with his hair sticked to all directions, and follwed him was an oddly familiar guy.

My instincts told me that it was exactly who I was thinking of, but I brushed it off. He's away right now.

But as they were nearing Michelle, my jaw dropped, my eyes nearly popped out of its sockets, and pressed the wrong chord loudly, making it sound awful and it adverted to my mind that I'm in the middle of performing.

I looked at Carson and Luke sheepishly as Carson gave me a look that looks like he forgives me, while Luke seems to look at me. He just looked at me with no expression. I can't see Ashton, but I bet he hasn't looked at the audience yet.

If it wasn't for this performance that was holding me, I'd be rushing off this stage and give him a big, giant hug.

He gave me a hug grin at me as I looked at him with wide eyes.