24: It'd Be Anyone's Paradise

I've never thought I'd say this, but this was the most exciting thing I've ever done in a while. But maybe the main reason was that I kept on laughing on how Luke skated. He is horrible, like very, very horrible.

I tried to teach him, but as he held my hand, since he was taller and bigger than me, it was hard for him to balance on me, and he ended up falling on his butt.

He gave me a scary glare as I was about to take my phone out and capture his humiliation. I put it back to my pocket when he looked at me, but as soon as he looked away, I took a picture of him with a small cackle escaping my lips.

"Get up," I said as I tried my best to say it as toughly as I could. He looked at me as he stood up. "You should try to skate from here," I gestured to where here was until a few meters in front of him, "to there."

He looked like he was about to say something, but refrained it. He slowly glided his way through the end of the goal, and he actually did it.

I clapped my hands. "Great job, beginner," I said, talking to him as if he was a kindergartener.

He rolled his eyes at me, but it didn't seem to reach his eyes geniunely. "Thanks," he said.

I shrugged at him as I slowly skated with him trying to catch up with me. I'd take a picture or two of myself and him just in case I needed to blackmail him, and somebody actually offered to take a picture of the both of us, which we both relucantly smiled at. We insisted on the offer a few times before giving in because the person wouldn't budge.

Before I knew it, our time was up, and we're out of the skating rink. I changed back to my shoes and headed out of the place, thinking of what I should do next. There's still a bit more time left before we're all supposed to meet up.

I flickered my eyes to my right, and saw Luke walking beside me. "What do you want to do now?" I asked, actually feeling bad for him since he's fallen down several times, and I kept on laughing at him.

He looked at me and glared. "Find your weakness."

I rolled my eyes a little at him and soon spotted an ice-cream stall nearby. "I'm gonna buy ice-cream. You want?" I said, offering him one. I really felt bad. "If not, you could just sit there and do whatever you want."

"I don't enjoy eating ice in this cold weather, thank you very much," he said with sarcasm written all over his tone. I regretted feeling bad for him and went to the stall.

I came back with a cup of vanilla ice cream and sat on the bench with him. He was looking at something on his phone as I approached him.

Sitting down while I consumed the ice-cream, we were both completely silent for a few moments. That kinda made me feel awkward.

As I was nearly finished with the ice-cream, I heard him sigh. "You alright?" I asked as I shoved the ice-cream to my mouth.

"Yeah," he replied and looked at me. "Thanks."

I nodded my head and it became silent again. I stood up to throw the cup and spoon to the trash that was located beside the pastel colored ice cream stand.

The weather was getting cooler and the sun seemed to be going down anytime soon. The breeze of the wind was slightly stronger than before, which actually made me feel safer. I don't know why, but the wind seems to calm me down most of the times now.

I had a small smile on my face as I passed an elderly couple and went back on the bench.

"It's getting cold here," I said, zipping on my parka and hugging myself. It was a December in New York City, what'd you expect?