The Ball (Part 1)

"Miraculous Ladybug!" The red and black spotted superheroine shouted as she threw her lucky charm into the air. Within a matter of seconds, Paris was returned to its normal state.

Chat Noir and Ladybug spoke simultaneously as they hit each other's fists, "Pound it!" The two heroes, Chloé, and a no-longer akumatized designer in which Chloé horrifically insulted previously all stood together on the rooftop of a tall building. Chloé immediately ran up to Ladybug and Chat Noir thanking the two frantically. Once again, she was the target and cause of an akumatized villain. Her makeup was smeared from where she had been crying in fear. In fact, it gave Ladybug a slight feeling of pleasure to witness the blonde's face smeared with the color of black. She must have noticed Ladybug glaring at her, though, because she quickly wiped the mascara away with her white sleeve.

"Chloé, you might want to try to work on being a bit more kind towards people. You've been targeted the most out of all of Paris!" Ladybug attempted to reason with the wealthy brat. After all, she was partially responsible for a large portion of the akumatized victims.

The rich blonde flipped her ponytail back and stuck her nose up into the air. "It isn't my fault that everyone is so jealous of me. I can't help that I'm perfect!" Ladybug and Chat Noir rolled their eyes in disgust before Chloé took off down the staircase, ready to greet her father who waited for her at the streets below. The now back-to-normal designer followed closely behind, but was sure to smile and mouth a thank you to the two who saved him from Hawk Moth's control.

Noisy beeping sounds were coming from both of the hero's miraculouses, indicating the little time they had before their transformations wore off. "That would be our cue. Until next time," Chat Noir bowed, "m'lady." He lifted his head a bit to wink at Ladybug before jumping off of the roof. What an overly dramatic flirt, Ladybug thought to herself as she halfheartedly smiled and rolled her eyes. She then herself jumped from the rooftop, using her yo-yo to swing from building to building until she made her way back to the bakery.

Outside the building's front door, where the end of the akuma fight took place, Chloé was hugging onto her father with fake tears forming in her eyes. Alya approached the two, with her phone in hand. "Mr. Mayor, can I get a comment from you for the Ladyblog?" The young blogger hit the record button and held her phone upright. She needed something to put on her blog since she somehow managed to miss the entire fight.

"But of course! I would like to personally thank our beloved heroes for saving my precious, innocent daughter once again. In their honor, I will be hosting a ball this Saturday for all to attend!" Mayor Bourgeois held his arms out as he raised his voice, wanting his announcement to be heard by all that was listening.

〜✿〜

Nearly an hour later, Marinette sat at her desk in her room. She decided to catch up on her best friend's blog to see what she captured that evening. "A ball? In honor of Chat and I?" Even though Marinette was one of the two stopping the akuma attacks and had first-hand knowledge of it all, she still wanted to support her friend in any way that she could by watching her videos and interviews. Marinette also wanted to make sure that she never left any clues as to who she really was. After dropping her history book for Alya to find, she became more cautious of her actions.

Tikki hovered closely by, looking over Marinette's shoulder and listening to the Mayor's words carefully. "You just have to go, Marinette! Not only is he having it just for you and Chat Noir, but it should also be so much fun!" Tikki was very enthusiastic about the event. She twirled around and around, clearly excited.

"That's two days from now, Tikki! How am I going to manage to make a dress in time? And since the mask is stronger when I transform, it would be smart to make a dress to wear over my disguise. That way, it would be impossible for someone to remove it to reveal my identity." Marinette slammed her head down on the top of her desk. "That's what makes it so much tougher! It has to look good over my Ladybug costume!"