La Fête Nationale

✶This is dedicated to France's national celebration Bastille Day✶

In honor of the 227th annual anniversary of Bastille Day, Mayor Bourgeois had an entire evening of events planned for the city of Paris. First, a grand military parade would be held throughout the downtown streets along with an air show. Later on, Jagged Stone would perform a concert at the Eiffel Tower. Once the night sky appeared and made the evening dark, the concert would be followed by multiple fireworks.

Flyers were posted all over Paris about the evening's events. On the section about the concert, four different names were listed under "exclusive access": Marinette, Alya, Adrien, and Nino. Hearing about the exciting news, Alya ran over to Marinette with a Bastille Day flyer in her hand. Nino and Adrien followed far behind, struggling to catch up with her. As physically active as Adrien was, even he couldn't keep up with an overly excited fangirl.

Finally making her way over to Marinette, Alya had to stop for a moment to catch her breath, "Hey, girl! Why didn't you tell us that we all have exclusive access? Are you excited for tonight's concert?! I know I am!" She squealed as she waved the colorful piece of paper in front of her best friend's face.

Jagged Stone had offered Marinette, his favorite fan, four front-row concert tickets along with backstage passes so that her and her closest friends could attend. Since she had designed both his latest best-selling album cover and his favorite pair of Parisian-style glasses, he felt as if he owed her that much. Marinette absolutely adored the rock star and she definitely wanted to attend his memorial concert. However, she was originally planning on attending as Ladybug. As a heroine in Paris, Marinette thought that it was Ladybug's duty to show up to such a memorable event. If she attended, it would show her dedication to both the city and its citizens. Plus, Ladybug and Chat Noir had promised Jagged Stone that they would be making an appearance towards the end of his performance, anyway.

From the corner of her eye, Marinette saw Adrien and Nino finally walk up to the two girls. She bit her bottom lip nervously, fearing Alya's response. "Yeah, about that..."

Alya rolled her eyes. "Oh, c'mon, Marinette! Don't tell me you're skipping out! You're the reason we're even able to go!" She rested both of her hands on her hips.

Marinette turned her attention to glance at Adrien for a brief moment before looking back at Alya with her arms raised in a defense motion. "I already have plans for tonight's celebration. I'm so sorry, Alya!" Marinette smiled as she rested her arms on Alya's shoulders. She looked at all three of her friends before continuing. "You three can still use the tickets, though. There's not a rule that says I'm required to go for you three to. You can even bring someone else if you'd like to take my place!"

Adrien spoke up before anyone else could. "Actually...it'll just be you two." He motioned towards Alya and Nino. "I'm really sorry guys, but I'm booked, too. Maybe both of you can pick another couple or just two other people to tag along with you?"

〜✿〜

Ladybug and Chat Noir sat towards the top of the Eiffel Tower, completely hidden from view of the crowd below. The superheroine laid both of her legs over her partner's right leg. Ladybug's left arm was rested over Chat Noir's left shoulder as his right arm hugged her waist. The two of them were waiting for the end of Jagged Stone's concert for their cue to make their public appearance. With nothing else to do for approximately an hour, they both decided to watch the concert together.

Breaking the silence after awhile, Ladybug decided to ask Chat Noir a question that was bugging her for quite some time. "Do you ever feel guilty about always having to lie to them?"

Chat Noir looked over at Ladybug, who was glancing down at the crowd below them. Her eyes were fixated on Alya and Nino who ended up inviting Alix and Kim to hang with them. "All the time, Mari. You and I both know that it's furr the best, though."

Ladybug turned to Chat Noir and squinted her eyes. A giggle escaped her lips. "Again with the terrible puns?" She gently shoved his arm.

Chat Noir nudged Ladybug's nose with his own. "You know you love me."

Ladybug pulled away, considering the option. "I don't know, Adrien. Do I know that? Yes." She leaned in close towards her partner. "Yes, I do."

Chat Noir picked up Ladybug and twisted her around so that she was facing him. She wrapped her legs around his abdomen, crossing them behind his back. His tail wrapped around her ankles and up her left leg. The two giggled with bright smiles as they both leaned in together for an intense kiss. Chat Noir placed both of his hands around her upper back as Ladybug had her right arm around the back of his neck and the left caressing his back. Fireworks of blue, white, and red were shining bright around the two.

The passionate moment was soon interrupted when Jagged Stone called for the two superheroes from down below

The passionate moment was soon interrupted when Jagged Stone called for the two superheroes from down below. "That would be our cue, mon chaton. Don't forget where we left off, alright?" With a wink, Ladybug took off down towards the stage below with her yo-yo. Chat Noir instantly followed behind her, a feeling of love burning strong in his green eyes.

 Chat Noir instantly followed behind her, a feeling of love burning strong in his green eyes