Confessions (Part 2)

Just like any other day, Marinette was running late for homeroom. Ladybug and Chat Noir had to protect Paris that morning from another one of Hawk Moth's akuma possession attacks, but of course she couldn't tell her teacher that. Mari would probably just attempt to persuade Miss Bustier into believing that she was somehow unable to get to class on time because of the villain. Perhaps the teacher would believe Mari if she said that she was turned into one of those zombie-slave things that the villains turn people into.

Marinette was running to class on the ground level of the school when she bumped into another student who must have been running late, as well. The two students collapsed on the ground, causing Mari to drop all of her books across the floor. She could hear the other student pick up some of her books as she was focused on the ones that were nearest to her. A masculine looking hand reached out to assist Marinette in standing up. She gladly accepted it and stood up before finally looking up at the other student. Mari instantly recognized the boy as her crush, the famous model Adrien Agreste! "Adrien! Oh, uh, I'm so sorry for bumping into you!" Marinette observed that Adrien was still holding her hand from where he helped her off of the ground. She quickly nonchalantly pulled her hand back to her side.

"No, it was all my fault. I should be the one apologizing to you." Adrien smiled at the girl and handed her the rest of her books.

Marinette blushed gently, "Uh, thank you." She then noticed that Adrien was wearing the blue scarf that she made him for his birthday. "I, uh, like your scarf, Adrien." Her face turned a bright shade of red.

"Thank you." He winked playfully, "You did a beautiful job making it." Adrien knew that Mari was never going to confront him about how she was the one who made it. What better way to have her talk about it than to bring it up himself?

It took Marinette a second to process what the boy had just said to her. "Wait. How did you-"

"One of your best friend's personally told me to tell you that the 'cat's out of the bag'." Adrien tried his hardest to not laugh at his own clever joke. In fact, he was afraid that Marinette had heard him snicker, but she seemed preoccupied by her own thoughts.

"Chat Noir told you?" Marinette lowered both her head and her voice to a mumbling whisper, "That vile alley cat! He's in so much trouble!" Hopping that Adrien didn't hear, she looked back up at the blond, "Ummm...what else did he tell you?" She nervously bit her lip, desperate that Chat left out the detail that she was crushing on Adrien.

"That's all that he told me." Adrien smirked, "Why, was there more?"

"No!" Marinette's sudden outburst made the boy jump in surprise. She blushed once again from embarrassment, "Err, I mean no, that was it." Marinette quietly sighed in relief.

The two began silently and awkwardly walking to homeroom together, side by side. Right before Adrien walked through the door of the class, he turned around to face his classmate. "Hey, Marinette?"

She stopped suddenly, not wanting to run into the boy, "Yeah?"

"Do you maybe want to go see a movie with me this weekend? I can drop by to get you at three and then we can take the subway." Adrien, or rather Chat Noir, had been crushing on Marinette for awhile. Of course he still liked Ladybug, but he knew that crush was unreasonable. It was like having a crush on a celebrity! Maybe it was time to move on and be happy?

Marinette stuttered, "M-me?"

"I mean, if you're busy or don't want to, I completely under-"

"YES!" Marinette, noticing his expression, coughed to play off her over-excitement. "Err, that sounds great." She grinned from ear to ear as the two walked into the classroom together. Maybe later she should be thanking Chat Noir for telling Adrien about the scarf instead of yelling at him.