I Hate You, I Love You

Marinette sat down in her desk chair and hugged both of her legs close to her. Her head hung low in disappointment and great agony. Tikki attempted to use her encouraging words to cheer up the teenage girl, but nothing seemed to take the horrid suffering of heartbreak away. Marinette thought that perhaps listening to music would help ease the pain. She reached into the desk drawer in front of her to pull out a pair of white earbuds, plugging them into her cell phone. She switched her music to shuffle mode, preparing herself to listen to whatever song played first. Although, maybe that was not the best idea. Even though Marinette tried to avoid it, many tears managed to escape from her eyes after she realized what song had started to play. With her eyes shut and teary, Marinette thought back to what had caused her great despair in the first place.

 With her eyes shut and teary, Marinette thought back to what had caused her great despair in the first place

Sitting in her literature class, Marinette was listening in to Adrien and Nino's conversation. She overheard Adrien explain to Nino that he had planned on visiting the park after school for another photoshoot. He had brought it up to ask his friend if he wanted to stop by to hang out for awhile immediately after the photoshoot had ended. Spending some time thinking of her various opportunities, Marinette decided that she would confess her feelings for Adrien to him at the park whenever he was able to take a short break.

Later on that evening, Marinette sat on a park bench next to Nino as she watched her crush model some of his father's new designs. Since Nino already knew everything because of Alya, Marinette decided to fill him in on her plan. Of course, he was excited for her. Nino might have even shipped Adrienette more than Alya! He eagerly offered to assist her, but she politely declined his help. Marinette wanted to overcome her shyness and confront Adrien all on her own. Therefore, she remained where she was and patiently waited for her chance.

It wasn't long before Adrien was allowed a short five minute break. He walked over to where Nino was sitting and was pleasantly surprised to see Marinette there as well. After Adrien sat down in between his two friends, Nino immediately excused himself to find a restroom to allow Adrien and Marinette some time alone. The two teenagers both blushed slightly as they sat in silence for a short moment, feeling a bit awkward. Taking a deep breath, Marinette realized that it was then or never. She turned to Adrien to tell him how she had liked him for quite some time. She also explained that she was only distant because she was just always so nervous around him. Adrien, keeping a smile on his face, interrupted her before she could finish. He apologized to her before telling her how his heart belonged to someone else. Adrien felt guilty after seeing Marinette's smile fade away, but he couldn't help being in love with someone else.

Marinette tried her best to shake the painful, embarrassing memories out of her head from earlier that day. It would be better if she prevented herself from bursting into tears once again. Instead, Marinette decided to focus and listen more closely to the lyrics of the current song playing on her phone. She fought back more tears as she sung the next lines, "I hate you, I love you. I hate that I want you. You want her, you need her. And I'll never be her..."

〜✿〜

Adrien tried his very best to fake a smile as he posed for more pictures. As he looked down at his shirt pocket, he could see concern in Plagg's eyes. Adrien knew, though, that there was nothing that Plagg could possibly do to help. After being disappointment by his father on a daily basis, Adrien expected to be used to the feeling. It seemed...different this time. He wasn't just simply disappointed, he was hurt. Already having earbuds in and plugged into his phone for the current photoshoot, Adrien decided that perhaps music might help take his mind off of things. Therefore, he opened up the music app on his phone and used the shuffle option. However, the song that started to play related to his current situation. Memories of earlier that day began to fill up his mind.

After Marinette had confessed her feelings for him at the park, Adrien thought that perhaps he should do the same

After Marinette had confessed her feelings for him at the park, Adrien thought that perhaps he should do the same. If the shy Marinette was able to talk openly about her feelings, so could the flirtatious Chat Noir. Once the Parisian heroes Ladybug and Chat Noir defeated the next akuma, Adrien promised himself that he would use those final five minutes before detransforming to tell Ladybug how much he loved her.

That night, after purifying the akuma, Chat Noir pulled Ladybug in closer to him. The first thing that he noticed was that she seemed upset about something. Hoping that it was nothing too important, he proceeded with what he was about to say. He told Ladybug that his attempts at flirting with her meant so much more. Chat Noir explained how he was truly in love with every bit of her and that he hoped she would return the favor. With deep regret, Ladybug rejected Chat Noir. She tried to tell him how there was another boy that owned her heart, even though he didn't feel the same way about her. With a shaky voice, Ladybug apologized to Chat Noir before taking off to detransform elsewhere.

Adrien refocused his attention back to his photoshoot. If he continued to dread on the past, it would begin to show through his false smile. If his father found out that he let personal issues come in between his modeling career, he would pull him out of school. Therefore, Adrien closely watched as Vincent, the photographer, gestured to different poses as he continued listening to the sorrowful song. With Vincent searching everywhere for a new battery for his camera, Adrien let a frown show as he whispered the next lines, "I guess this is moving on. Everyone I do right does me wrong, so every lonely night I sing this song..."

〜✿〜

Both at different places of Paris, Marinette and Adrien continued listening to the same song. Neither of their hearts had begun to heal yet. Broken, the two of them sung simultaneously. "How is it you never notice that you are slowly killing me?"

 "How is it you never notice that you are slowly killing me?"