Lady Misfortune (Part 3)

After waiting for a tad bit longer than the specific time that she gave the Parisian citizens, Lady Misfortune looked down at her hostage. "Well, even with an extra minute, it looks like Chat Noir is a no-show. So very unfortunate for you, Alya." She ended her sentence with a wicked smirk.

"No, please! We're friends, Marinette! Don't you remember??" Alya began to beg and plead for her life as she looked down at the ground far below her.

Lady Misfortune leaned in just a bit to stare sternly at the girl. "Oh, I remember quite clearly. I know that my friend wouldn't have joined in with the entire class's attempt in humiliating me. We aren't friends, Alya." She hissed the words before slowly beginning to let go of Alya's hand, one finger at a time.  "While I'm being honest, I probably won't even shed a single tear once you're gone." With a small giggle, Lady Misfortune released her entire grip on her hostage, waving to her as she fell. Alya attempted to grasp onto the next steady object that passed by her as she dropped, but she just wasn't strong enough...

Lady Misfortune listened to Alya's desperate screams with delight as the young girl began to plummet closer and closer to the solid ground. It would take the young girl about ten seconds or so to finally reach the concrete below. Therefore, Lady Misfortune knew that something was off after she heard the blood-curling shrieks come to a complete stop after only a few seconds. Irritated, the spotted villain leaned over the railing right beside her to further investigate the situation. Her eyes were able to catch a glimpse of the aggravating black cat rescuing the desperate damsel in distress. Lady Misfortune watched closely as Chat Noir placed Alya down on a flat platform below. By pointing, he insisted that she take the elevator to reach safe ground immediately. Lady Misfortune awaited patiently as the clawed superhero quickly climbed his way up the Eiffel Tower after ensuring Alya's safety.

Once Chat Noir made his way to the very same platform in which Lady Misfortune stood, he instantly noticed her casually leaning against a wall in front of him with her arms folded delicately over her chest. Even after nearly murdering her best friend, an eerily calm smile rested upon her face. Lady Misfortune then began to slowly approach her previous partner. "This is where it ends, Chat Noir. But, don't worry. I'll make it quick...for old time's sake." Lady Misfortune tossed her now wickedly enchanted yo-yo up into the air, shouting for her unlucky charm ability. A dark spotted dagger formed above her before dropping down into her right hand. She traced the edge of the blade with her fingertips. "You could, however, work alongside me instead...if you wish."

As Chat Noir looked straight into Lady Misfortune's purple eyes, he immediately saw her large desire for bloodshed. Behind that, though, was a small hint of pain and regret. The true Ladybug was trapped there inside, taken over by one of Hawk Moth's monsters. Chat Noir was determined to save her from her other self. "Ladybug, this isn't you. And I'm going to prove that to you."

Using his bravery to hide his fear, Chat Noir walked directly towards the evil being, completely ignoring the sharp object that lay in her hand. In shock and surprise, Lady Misfortune stood completely motionless. With such terror she had been causing lately, why was that cat coming towards her and not running away?

Chat Noir kept making his way closer and closer to Lady Misfortune until the two were inches apart. His former partner was expecting the sly cat to be the one to start the fight. After all, she was clearly stronger than him. The only way that he stood any chance of doing any damage was if he had the the head start. However, he didn't attack. Not with any weapons, anyway. Instead, he pressed his thin lips against her own. Due to Lady Misfortune's sudden lack of schemes, Chat Noir had hope that Plagg's method was working.