Betrayal (Part 1)

Ladybug and Chat Noir took advantage of the fact that there was no villain running rampant in the city causing chaos throughout all of Paris. Rather than spending their time as their civilian selves, they used the opportunity to finally hunt down the vicious Hawk Moth. The two still have not met the evil being face-to-face. In fact, the only reason why Ladybug has a general idea of what the butterfly Miraculous looks like is because she had asked Master Fu quite some time ago. Chat Noir, however, does not know of Master Fu yet.

In order to cover more ground at once, the two heroes split up. Granted, it would be safer if they searched the city together, but that strategy would waste too much of their time. The two had both agreed that they would contact the other if they had any type of lead whatsoever. Predictably, Ladybug was the first to have found something.

Ladybug was peering down at the city from the Eiffel Tower when she saw a malicious electric purple akuma soaring from the same direction in which the Agreste Mansion stood. She quickly rushed over to it, purifying the little butterfly before it could do any harm. Hopefully, that would give the emotional Parisian enough time to calm down so that Hawk Moth does not send out another. The two heroes typically never questioned Hawk Moth's motive for causing chaos in the city or for being so obsessed with their miraculouses. Of course, he would obtain absolute power if he controlled the two jewels simultaneously, but...why? There had to be some reason for Hawk Moth to be so desperate that he would prey on the emotions of innocent people, including young children. What is it that he wants so badly? Perhaps he is simply just an evil being who loves causing trouble. Maybe he doesn't need to have a reason for being so terrible, other than the joy of tormenting others.

Ladybug flipped opened her yo-yo and dialed for her partner. "Chat Noir, I just wanted to tell you that I might have a lead. Just in case it isn't anything, though, stay where you are and continue searching for clues."

"Are you pawsitive, Bugaboo? I can head over to where you are immediately." Even though Chat knew that Ladybug was perfectly capable of taking care of herself, he still always attempted to do whatever he could to keep her safe.

"Again with the puns, you vile alley cat?" Ladybug shook her head and rolled her eyes, trying to hide the grin that she wore. "Yes, I'm sure. If it is not anything, we'd only be wasting more time. I'll call you back here shortly and let you know, okay?"

"Very well, my lady."

The phone line ended and Ladybug headed towards the Agreste Mansion. She wanted to try to look around that specific area for any possible location where Hawk Moth's lair may be. She flew through the city with her yo-yo before landing on the very top of her very crush's home. It wasn't too long before Hawk Moth decided to send out another akuma. Luckily, Ladybug was able to see the exact location from where the akuma was coming from. However, it was also unfortunate news. The akuma flew out from the very building underneath of her: the Agreste Mansion. Surely, it was only a mere misunderstanding...

Ladybug circled around the mansion until she came across the butterfly glass window. She considered contacting Chat Noir like she had promised, but there was a part of her that wanted to take down Hawk Moth all on her own. Ladybug felt as if it was personal at this point. After all, Hawk Moth had akumatized every student in her class expect for Adrien and herself. He gave the heroine no other choice but to battle her friends, even including Chat Noir several different times. Honestly, having to battle Chat was one thing that she hated the most. Of course, she hated fighting her classmates as well, but her partner? Ladybug always played it off and made jokes whenever Chat Noir was under an akuma villain's control. However, it actually bothered her. Most of the time, he would end up helping the villain only because he would be saving her. This time, Ladybug decided to save Chat Noir by not including him. It was the least that she could do for him.

Ladybug kicked her way through the butterfly window. She broke though the glass, landing on her feet. To her surprise, the room appeared to be vacant other than the large amount of purified akumas fluttering around. At least, that's what she thought. Hawk Moth appeared from behind her and hurled her clear across the room. Ladybug's right side slammed into the one wall before she fell down onto the ground. Even though Ladybug is pretty tough, she was thrown hard enough that even she would be in pain. In fact, her side hurt so much that she could barely move at all.

Hawk Moth slowly and calmly made his way toward the injured girl. He looked down at her before taking the yo-yo from around her waist, "Foolish girl." Hawk Moth began to dial for Chat Noir. Ladybug should have told Chat Noir where she was, after all.

"It's about time you called back, my la..." Chat Noir's small moment of relief quickly turned into devastation.

Hawk Moth grinned devilishly, "Oh? Expecting someone else?"

"What did you do to her, Hawkmoth?!" Chat shouted into the phone that was on the end of his staff.

Hawk Moth turned Ladybug's yo-yo phone around to show Chat Noir his injured partner. Ladybug had her arms wrapped around her abdomen, hoping to ease some of the pain. It was almost a guarantee that a couple of her rips were broken. She dreaded the thought of the bruise that she would have the very next day.

"Don't worry, Ladybug! I'll be there as soon as I-" Chat Noir was cut off by Hawk Moth shutting the yo-yo. He angrily tossed it over at Ladybug, knowing that she was much too weak to fight him.

It wasn't too long before Chat Noir busted through the broken butterfly window as well. At first, he seemed too preoccupied to realize that he was currently in an unknown room in his own home. He looked over at his partner, noticing how injured she appeared to be. Anger began to set in before Chat paused for a minute, finally thinking about where he was standing. He looked over at Hawk Moth, who was standing ever so calmly nearby. Chat Noir's eyes went wide, "...Father?"

"Adrien?" Even though Ladybug gasped in surprise, Hawk Moth did not. In fact, his response was not out of shock, but rather for confirmation. After the de-akumatization of Jackady, Gabriel had noticed that his son was wearing a silver ring which not only was the same shape as Chat Noir's ring, but also worn on the same exact finger. "This makes this much simpler. Surely, you will be able to understand."

"Understand? Understand what?" It looked as if Chat's eyes began to water up. After all, his father was the one causing trouble in Paris.

"Chat...don't...listen...to...him." Ladybug was having difficulty talking as she had to take in a breathe between each word. Chat Noir looked over at the injured girl, beginning to feel angry once again. His father also hurt his partner, his best friend, and the girl he was in love with.

"I need for you to understand my purpose. Son, with the power of both you and Ladybug's miraculous, I'm able to have absolute power." He looked over at Chat Noir, who showed only the emotion of rage. Perhaps, the way Hawk Moth worded his statement made it worse.

"Why in the world would I want that for you? After everything you've done to this city?"

Noticing that Chat Noir obviously wasn't catching on, Hawk Moth decided to continue on with his purpose statement. He knew that what he had to say next would have his son weighing his options, "I can bring back your mother, Adrien."