Moving On

Marinette and her boyfriend hung out at the bakery during their daily school lunch break. They used her dad's recipe to make the best croissants in all of Paris. Even though Marinette loved fashion more than anything, baking was definitely an enjoyable and relaxing pastime activity for her. Plus, she was extremely talented in both fields.

Noticing that the break was almost over, the two students decided to head on out. They tried to rush so that they would be able to have quite a bit of time to spare with their friends before class began. It wasn't long before they both reached the steps outside of the school.

"Marinette, I'm pleasantly surprised that you are here this early!" Alya waved at the two as her and Nino approached the couple. "Ever since you two got together, you've actually been getting to school on time! This boy must be doing something right. Props to you, Nathan!" Alya gently hit Nathanaël on the shoulder. "Oh, speaking of couples, have either of you seen Adrien and Lila? They should have been here by now."

It was about a month ago when Adrien realized that there was no possible way that him and Ladybug could be together. Why would such an amazing, beautiful superhero want anything to do with a ordinary person like him? Granted, he wasn't exactly ordinary since he was also a superhero, but Ladybug didn't know that. Therefore, Adrien decided to go ahead and give Lila a chance. She made it clear that she liked him and she was definitely cute. To his surprise, they clicked quite well. Both of them were adventurous and so very energetic. Was he completely happy? Not really. Adrien still loved Ladybug and probably always would.

For the longest time, Marinette was heartbroken. It crushed her to know that after all the time she spent crushing on Adrien, the new girl could just show up and take him from her. Of course, Alya was there to comfort her best friend and even set up a date for her with Nathanaël. Alya hoped that the date would boost Marinette's confidence. She didn't exactly expect them to go anywhere, so it was quite surprising that they have been together for so long.

 She didn't exactly expect them to go anywhere, so it was quite surprising that they have been together for so long

Marinette hadn't expected it, but her and Nathan had so much in common. Their artistic personalities blended together perfectly. Marinette thought it would be best to just try to move on and be happy. Was it difficult? Of course. She still had feelings for Adrien so it hurt every time she saw him with Lila. Seeing him happy, though, made it a bit easier.

Marinette took a peek at her phone, "Lila texted me just a little bit ago. They should be here..." Adrien and Lila both began walking up the stairs, "Right now."

"Hey guys!" Adrien smiled as he waved to the group of students. It was a good feelings to know that he went from being a home-schooled kid who wasn't able to leave the house to this boy who was surrounded by a group of his closest friends. "Is everyone still up for going to the movies later on to-"

Adrien's voice was interrupted by some screams of the other students at school. Once again, another villain decided to terrorize the school. Of all the places to wreak havoc, it was beyond Marinette why the akuma victim chose the school. Determined to save Paris from Hawk Moth's akuma slaves once again, Adrien and Marinette both sneaked off to transform into their superhero selves.