Betrayal (Part 2: Alternate Ending #1)

"You could bring my mother back?" Chat Noir spoke slowly, trying to comprehend what was going on. He relaxed his tensed-up muscles, eager to talk about his mother. Could his father actually do that? Adrien missed having his mother around so desperately. She was so loving, caring, and was always there for her family. Granted, his father used to be just as much so when he was with her, but he soon changed after she was no longer in their lives. Gabriel had turned quite bitter and cold, causing Adrien to suffer even more. It was bad enough for Adrien to no longer have a mother by his side, but to also be stuck with a father who was so very spiteful? It was almost as if Gabriel decided to take out all of his pain on his own son.

Chat Noir shut his bright green eyes to block out the painful memories, "No, that isn't possible. You're only lying to me..."

"Adrien, I can assure you that I am being completely honest with you. With the power to do anything, why wouldn't I bring your mother back to us? You of all people should know how much I love her." Predictably, Hawk Moth showed no emotion towards his child. He was never the type to open up to others or ask for any type of help.

Chat Noir gave his father's offer a bit more thought. He always used to tell himself how he would do anything to have his mother with him once again. Even though she meant everything to him, though, something about Hawk Moth's purpose for the ultimate power felt...off. Why would he have to cause so much damage if he only wanted his wife back? If he truly only wanted Mrs. Agreste, why was he so corrupt about the way he handled everything? Couldn't he have just simply explained what he wanted to the two heroes from the beginning rather than causing akuma slaves to fight them? Chat Noir turned his head to look back at the injured Ladybug, to his father, then back at his partner. He watched Ladybug closely as she mouthed the words don't do it. He turned to face his father once again, "This is definitely not what Mother would want. Have you ever took just a single minute to contemplate everything? You personally are responsible for so much destruction and have created this certain fear in the people of Paris. I won't even mention the stress that you have put on your own son." He paused to view Hawk Moth's current expression. As usual, he stood emotionless. Chat Noir sighed and continued, "You have hurt people, Father. Just look at what you did to her!" He stepped out of the way as he motioned his hands over at Ladybug, who continued to grasp at her side.

"You are not understanding, my son. I must have the power that I desire." Hawk Moth rose his voice and spoke sternly, "I will obtain both of the miraculouses I need. I'll forcefully take them from both of you if I must."

Standing in between Ladybug and Hawk Moth, Chat Noir began to spin his staff around in a quick motion to his left side. "I'd sure like to see you try."

"All by your lonesome? Adrien, you don't stand a chance." Hawk Moth rolled his eyes in frustration, "Please, make this simpler and just hand the ring over to me. I'd rather not have to fight you, son."

"I suppose that it's a shame that I'm more than willing to fight you. You'd be quite surprised with what I'm capable of, especially when I'm filled with rage." Chat Noir stood in a battle-ready pose.

"Besides," Ladybug cut in as she stumbled to stand up, "He's not alone. There is no way in heck that I'm letting you hurt him, Hawk Moth." Ladybug walked up beside her partner, twirling her yo-yo around so very casually. She still held on to her side, though. In fact, she was in a great deal of pain. The adrenaline would be enough for now, "Are you ready to kick some feeble butterfly butt?"

~~✿~~

Ladybug and Chat Noir stood on either side of Hawk Moth, who was currently lying on his back, flat on the ground. The two heroes each had one of their feet pressed down against the ultimate villain's chest. "You can do the honors, Chat." Ladybug made an attempt to smile, which was difficult given her current health. Noticing her partner's fake smile, she realized her genunity would not fix anything. After all, Chat Noir, or Adrien's, father was more than willing to hurt whoever to get what he wanted.

Chat Noir smugly leaned down and tore the butterfly miraculous brooch from Hawk Moth's chest. The villain detransformed, leaving only a mere clothing designer underneath the two heroine's feet. Gabriel attempted several times to apologize to his son, but Chat Noir was not willing to listen.

Ladybug and Chat made their way over to the broken window and peered down at the city below, "I could really use a hand, if you don't mind." Ladybug might have had the adrenaline to fight Hawk Moth earlier, but it had worn off. The pain was much too great to risk swinging through the sky with her yo-yo.

"Of course not, my lady. Hang on tight." Chat Noir held onto Ladybug's uninjured side as he used his staff to safely get the two down to the street. When they reached stable ground, Ladybug kissed Chat Noir on the cheek, thanking him for doing the right thing. When Chat accidentally brushed her injured side with his hand, Ladybug grimaced. "We'll get that taken care of, don't worry. Is there a certain hospital that you pawfer?"

Ladybug snickered at the boy's lame cat pun. It was good to know that he was acting himself again. Or, his hero self. The two avoided the entire topic of Chat Noir's identity being revealed. If her ribs were not all probably broken, Ladybug might have freaked out a bit more. After all, her crush was crushing on her. "We can worry about that later. First, I have to get that miraculous back to the rightful owner. I don't want it to fall into another evil being's possession." Chat Noir frowned, knowing that Ladybug was the only one who was allowed to know who the true miraculous owner was. Master Fu had told the girl that only those who are worthy and have proved themselves may communicate with him. Ladybug saw the cat's frown and attempted a smile. She thought above how brave Chat Noir was to turn against his own father to protect her and all of Paris, "On second thought, I could use some assistance on that. It'll take me much too long to stumble over there. Besides," The spotted hero smirked, "I think that it's about time that you met Master Fu."