Chapter 28

I don't know how many times I rehearsed that song. It's stuck in my head.

It was only lunch and the talent show was in 2 hours. I was sitting in a chair rehearsing the song

"Nervous?" JC smiled

"You have no idea."

"Don't worry you're gonna kill it."

*brrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiinnnnnnggg!!!*

1 hour to go. Oh my god.

I couldn't pay attention in class, I was to busy singing the song in my head.

"Could all students who are performing in the show please make your way to the gym." The principle announced over the intercom.

I shot our of my chair and ran out of the class room.

"So you're performing in the talent show? What are you going to do? Teach us how to get cheated on?" On of the "popular" girls came up to me by my locker with her posy behind her.

I just grabbed my guitar and walked away.

"Breath Jess, breath." I said to myself.

"Ok! Now all students please make you way down to the gym!"

First up was the popular girls with their dance. Weirdest dance ever so far.

There was all different acts; dancing, comedy, cheer leading, Ventriloquists, and singing.

"Ok, Jess you're up next." A girl said to me.

I nodded and fixed the dress I was wearing; a navy scallop strapless smock dress) and brushed off my cowboy boots.

"Ok ladies and gentlemen, our final act for the night! Put your hands together for Jessica Thompson!" Every one started clapping as I stepped on the stage.

I slowly walked up to the microphone, took a deep breath and started to strum the song.

"Right now he's probably slow dancing with a bleached-blond tramp,

and she's probably getting frisky...

right now, he's probably buying her some fruity little drink

'cause she can't shoot whiskey...

Right now, he's probably up behind her with a pool stick,

showing her how to shoot a combo..." I sung

"And he don't know...

That I dug my key into the side

of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,

carved my name into his leather seats...

I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,

slashed a hole in all 4 tires...

Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.

Right now, she's probably up singing some

white-trash version of Shania karaoke.

Right now, she's probably saying, "I'm drunk"

and he's a-thinking that he's gonna get lucky,

Right now, he's probably dabbing on

3 dollars worth of that bathroom Polo*..." I could see Sam in the crowd, this is what he deserved

"Oh, and he don't know...

That I dug my key into the side

of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,

carved my name into his leather seats,

I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,

slashed a hole in all 4 tires...

Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.

I might've saved a little trouble for the next girl,

'cause the next time that he cheats...

Oh, you know it won't be on me!

No... not on me

'Cause I dug my key into the side

of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,

carved my name into his leather seats...

I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,

slashed a hole in all 4 tires...

Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.

Oh, maybe next time he'll think before he cheats...

Oh, before he cheats... oh, oh." I finished. Sam was shocked. I think everyone knew I was staring at him because they all turned and looked at him.

I bowed to all the claps and cheers and walked off the stage.

"Holy crap! That was amazing!" JC hugged me

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Come on someone deserves Starbucks!" JC tickled me.

I laughed and replied "oh how you know the white girl in me. But right after they announce the winners."

We walked in and leaned against the wall.

The judges were talking and talking and talking, I swear they talked for 20 mins but then the principle walked up on the stage and to the microphone.

"Wow! Some amazing acts tonight! But can I have, Rachel Pattrie (the gymnast), The Glitter Gals (cheerleaders), and Jessica Thompson come up on stage."

I squealed, hugged JC and ran on stage.

"In third place..... RACHEL PATTRIE!!" Every one clapped as she received Her small trophy.

"Ok in first place is.... Wait it's- it's a tie!! We will have a stand off between Jessica and The Glitter Gals! Up first The Glitter Gals!" Everyone clapped as they did their little routine.

"What are you going to sing?!" JC asked worried.

"Uhhhh... OH I'm gonna play Just a Dream, I played it in a Recital. And I remember the cords and words!" I exclaimed.

He nodded and went back to watching the girls on stage.

"Hey can you do those?" He pointed to the girl doing the splits and the girl doing her needle.

"Who do you think I am?" I slid down into my splits, stood up and did my needle.

He looked embarrassed. Good.

"Ok up next, Jessica Thompson!!" Every one clapped as I walked up on stage and to the microphone.

______________

Hehe. Bye