Let Her Go

Theo gave me a smile and right away I blushed and retreated into my shell. "It's nice to meet you Alpha Michaels." I whispered. His laugh was music in my ears. It was sweet like my favorite desert. "Your daughter is a shy one isn't she Beta Mason?" My father sort of smiled. "Yes. Mostly around strangers though." I could see the smirk playing on Alpha Michaels lips.

"Well I should hope that she wouldn't be shy around her mate." The tension in my body became visible once he mentioned mates. My father sort of smiled. Obviously the comment went over his head. "When she does find her mate I would hope she doesn't stay shy." Little did he know my mate was standing right in front of him.

I would spend three days with my mate then leave. My wolf whimpered at just the thought of that. "Tell your father we found our mate!" This time my wolf had a point. I wouldn't be the one who would bring it up though. "Your daughter is a dancer right?" Damn it! What the hell was he doing? My father smiled proudly. "Yes she is. How did you know?"

"I came across her in the woods yesterday. One of her feet stepped into my territory while I was out patrolling." Stop! Oh god please stop talking! "I like his voice! Mate has a hot voice." First Theo now my wolf. My father though gave me a look of disapproval. "I'll make sure she is more aware of what territory she is in Alpha. I'm so sorry." Theo's laugh made my insides melt again. "It's no problem. If she hadn't danced into my territory I wouldn't have found my mate." Damn it!

"Really? So my little girl finally found her mate.?" Dad! Seriously! I hated him sometimes because he embarrassed me. "Yes. I knew this comes as a bit of a shock for you." Shock? More like relief for my dad. He had been worried the past few months that I wouldn't find a mate. "Please! I'm happy for you two. But how does this change the current situation?"

The standard was that once you found your mate you moved in right away. You moved in, spent time together, marked each other than mated. Usually all within a month or two. That was the norm of our people. My father and Theo were talking and I blanked out. Honestly I had no idea what they were saying. All I heard was "move" and "shy".

"Abigail, why don't you go pack more of your stuff. That way you can move in with your mate right away." I easily nodded basically submitting and went to pack more of my stuff. What I had already packed were dresses and skirts. The very first thing I packed was my usual clothes. Mostly leggings and shirts that were made for dancing. I also packed some more skirts and dresses and other tops.

Next was all my dance stuff. My shoes were the most important. For good measure I also packed my drawing stuff. My suitcase was big so I only had that and my dance sports bag to take with me. I would be leaving home and never coming back. "We get to be with mate. You should be happy." Evey had a point but it was still my life I was changing. "Evey what do we do?" I could feel my wolf smile. "Be happy with mate."

I went downstairs with my stuff and saw my dad. James had come home early form school and was confused. "Abbie, where you going?" My brother had always wanted to be beta but wouldn't say it out loud. I went to hug him good bye. "Be a good beta. Be a better one I would have been." After we hugged I hugged my dad he smiled. "Goodbye Abigail. I'll see you later. Don't get into too much trouble and for goddess sakes get outside." I smiled and nodded.

"Here, let me take that for you." Theo said referring to my suit case. I nodded and handed it to him because refusing and alpha was bad. He loaded my suit case into the back of his black Ford Raptor. He walked around and helped me into his truck.

The purr of the engine sounded beautiful. Dad had taught me a few things about cars so I wasn't a complete ditz for my mate. I waved goodbye to my family as the car pulled away. The nerves flooded my every cell. I had to close my eyes and focus on the song on the radio.

Mentally I was choreographing a dance to it. A deep chuckle brought me out of my thoughts. "So, Abigail. I never got to introduce myself. I'm Theo." I nodded to him. "Hello." I whispered to him. "You don't talk much do you?" He said with a laugh.

"No I don't. Kind of just want to stay in the shadows." I said a bit louder. For some reason I was becoming more comfortable with him. "How long have you been a dancer?" Dancing was the best thing of my life. "Since I was four. My mom had signed me up for classes and eventually I fell in love." The smile on his lips was so damn sexy.

"No wonder why you're such a good dancer." Blush creeped onto my face as I turned away. "Thank you." The rest of the ride was spent in comfortable silence. As we pulled up to the pack house the nerves came back. "Welcome to Snow Moon." Theo said.

He pulled my suit case out and helped me out of the car. "I can take that too." He said nodding to my dance bag. He might be my mate but there was no way in hell he was touching this bag. "I've got it." I said in my usual quiet voice. No one was in the house as Theo gave me the tour.

There was a kitchen filled with beautiful appliances with an island with a granite top and bar stools. There was a living room with a soft sofa and a flat screen and probably every movie ever made. The whole house was so beautiful I could barely take it all in. The crown jewel was the library. "Wow." Theo's smile met mine and suddenly I retreated back into my shell.