In The morning I'll Be With You

Abigail's P.O.V.

The ballet studio was just as I remember it. My leotard hugged my body, but it wasn't to tight. The light pink practice tutu added to the elegance of the ensemble as did my white tights. The pointe shoes were brand new. I loved the feel of having to break them in. My hair was in a bun to keep it out of my face.

The sad thing was, I knew it was all in my head.

I could always hear Theo talking to me. At least three times a day he told me he loved me. He kept begging me to wake up. "I'm trying!" I would shout back wishing he could hear me.

"You know. I heard this song the other day. The very first thing that came to mind was you." Okay that was sweet. What song did he hear though? "See, I would bet my pack that even in your a coma you are choreographing. I'm sure when you wake up you'll have some new dances." That made me smile so much.

Music started trickling in my ear and around the studio. I've been dancing in here for three weeks straight but I never had music.

Come on skinny love just last the year
Pour a little salt we were never here
My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my
Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer

It was like my feet and mind knew how to move by themselves. It started off with just a simple movement of my arms. Soft and smooth, they moved in grace. My feet snapped up to a releve and I did a small turn to the front without dropping to demi or flat footed. After I did a few bourrée's I went into fifth position.

I brought my foot up to a low passe then swung it out to the side so my leg was level with my hip. Twice I repeated this move movement. On the second time I kept my let out as I turned my body to the side.

I tell my love to wreck it all
Cut out all the ropes and let me fall
My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my
Right in the moment this order's tall

The next set of lyrics started and I bent down in a way where my leg was in the air but my hand touched the floor. As I came up I did a half pirouette before a sashay. After that I did some traveling bourrée's to the side before I kicked my leg back. Throughout the music my feet and arms just moved on their own. They knew what move to do when.

I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind
In the morning I'll be with you
But it will be a different kind
'Cause I'll be holding all the tickets
And you'll be owning all the fines

I did a small Leap and a few temps as what felt like the refrain started playing. Theo was right. I did have a dance to this song. I went into a pique then I put my feet together into a jump off the ground. As I slid across the floor I prepped for the fouettés that I knew would come next. I did bourrée's in a half circle before I did a small jump turn to the front.

My right foot went up to pointe as I kicked my left leg up to my head on the side. A single pirouette followed with turn in attitude. I did a little bit with my arms as I prepped for my leap at the start of the next verse. Everything moved so smoothly. Never once did I waver.

Towards the end of the song I did a lot of ground work.

Who will love you?
Who will fight?
Who will fall far behind?

My arms moved in graceful ways. My leg moved in front as I bent my upper body over it. As I lifted my upper body I swung my leg to the other side. After that I did a roll to the back and stood up. The song swelled in a way I knew it was almost done. Time went by and I did a couple shanay turns before a leap. A few shanay turns and a pique turn later I was moving around the stage before a final rise to pointe with my leg out and soon a final pose.

It was all so exhilarating. Never before had I felt the music in my very core like I did just now. Slowly I swam into semi consciousness. Everything was dark but I could hear. "She still hasn't woken up. There are no signs she ever will. I'm sorry Alpha."

"I'll kill them! I'll kill those hunters for hurting her!" Theo! So it was hunters who caused the crash. There was a pressure on my hand so I knew he was holding it. Slowly I tried to force my hand to squeeze his. Minutes, maybe even hours passed before I was able to move my hand enough to get a response.

"Abbie?" Theo sounded relived almost. My throat felt like a thousand knives were being pulled out. "Abbie, squeeze my hand if you can hear me." This time it took less effort to do so this time. "I'm going to move to dim the lights so when you open your eyes it's bit so bright.

What felt like an hour passed before I was able to force my eyes open.

Authors Note
Hey Guys, so the video on top is the full dance she does in this chapter. For any of you dancers who read this, sorry if I got some of the names for the moves wrong. I tried my best to match the moves I saw to a name or describe it as best as I could.