What Are You Waiting For?

It was a week before I started dancing again. I spent all day in this room I found. No I've came in so it was just me and the music. Maybe Theo told them not to bother me but I don't care.

At first I was just practicing techniques. For three hours straight it was all turns, leaps, jumps, and even my splits. Hell, I even got bored and decided to see how many fouettés I could do in a row. I ended up doing them for two whole songs. The bruises had gone away so it was not painful. In fact it felt liberating.

That whole year I was locked up all I wanted to do was dance again. I was doing more turns when I noticed Theo standing by the door. "I remember the first day I saw you. You were dancing around the woods." He laughed a small bit. "It seemed like you didn't even care that the woods were there or that one wrong step could hurt you." Slowly he came over and cupped my face. "And you enchanted me right from the start."

There was something in his eyes that I never noticed before. For the first time I noticed the admiration. Since I had a playlist on still a new song shifted on. Theo placed one hand on my waist and took my other arm as I put my free hand on his shoulder. Once the lyrics started Theo took the lead.

Among the many things I didn't know about Theo, one of them was that he wasn't a bad dancer. He had a sense of rhythm, which is one of the most important things. He was also very fluid in his movements. With such ease he spun me out and spun me back in. He even did that one spin where he grabbed under my arms and spun me around so my feet were just lightly dragging on the floor.

As he brought me up my back got pressed against his chest. He swung me around his waist. When I got back around I went on pointe and Theo supported  me as invariant my leg up higher then ninety degrees. He used that support to swing me around in a way where I rolled across his back.

My feet barely touched the floor before Theo lifted me above the ground. I arched my back a bit and then Theo put me back on the ground. Theo spun me around so I faced him as he took the lead once again. With the way he led it was like we flew around the room.

This dance was more intimate then anything Adam and I ever did. Our dances were filled with fun and messing around. A few moves in all of three dances were intimate with him. Theo was something else. Each move was intimate. From the way he had his hands on me, to the way he lifted me was personal. He never even had more than an inch of space between us at a time.

We had never danced together before, and yet he knew everything. He knew where to grab me when he lifted me. That was something that took Adam a year to learn. He knew right away where to start grabbing my hand as he spun me back in. He knew how I liked to be held as I did a turn. Theo knew me and we had only spent a grand total of one month together.

Close to the end of the song Theo lifted me again. This time it was above his head. As the last couple measures played out Theo set me down and turned me to face him. There wasn't an ounce of sweat on him after the dance. His brown eyes burned a hole through me. It was the welcomed kind though. A kind of hole that filled me with desire. One that only my mate could fill.

That feeling was what it took for me to realize that I'm ready to have him claim me as his.